Details: This position is fulltime hourly @ $15/hr
54 Pearl Street
Fraunces Tavern Museum is seeking a responsible and outgoing individual to assist with museum services and housekeeping. As a representative of the Museum, the Associate must maintain excellent customer service and always remember the mission. This position is fulltime hourly, Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 5:30pm with some pre-determined evenings. The Museum Services Associate will report to the Director of Education & Public Programs. There is room for growth in the areas of museum education and historic buildings management.
- Greet visitors and process admissions
- Provide general information and answer questions
- General housekeeping for museum, office spaces, bathrooms, including regular stocking and upkeep of facility
- Sell and stock gift items
- Relay accurate information about programs/events to visitors
- Accept and sign for packages
- Ensure a clean, orderly building environment, including replacing light bulbs in public spaces
- Removal of all trash and recycling
- Provide a visual security presence during operating hours
- Close the museum at end of operating hours
- Customer service experience a must
- Experience handling cash and credit transactions
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to work on feet for several hours
- Must be a motivated independent worker
- Flexible schedule; able to work occasional weekday evenings
Competitive benefits include health insurance, retirement package, and paid leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. The subject line should read “Museum Services Associate”.
*Only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.