Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Director of Data Strategy, the Data Analytics Manager will serve a vital role in Alliance’s data analysis, reporting, and storage needs. By overseeing one or two Data Analysts, the Data Analytics Manager will ensure timely and accurate delivery of actionable data to a variety of stakeholders in order to enable decision-making that leads to improved student academic outcomes and organizational health at Alliance.
- Supervise one or two Data Analysts, ensuring accurate and timely completion of project deliverables
- Manage the development and professional growth of direct reports, including providing technical training in coding
- Delegate appropriate tasks and projects to team members and direct these team members to the tools and resources needed to meet individual goals and deliverables
- Review team members’ work and provide ongoing, timely, relevant and constructive feedback to team members
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Collect and analyze the results of network-wide academic assessments and organizational health data
- Report academic, demographic, and other data to school leaders, senior network leaders, government agencies, private foundations, etc.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to help understand and monitor academic performance and organizational health of Alliance
Manage the network’s use of third-party platforms including Schoolzilla (academic performance data, attendance data, etc.), Panorama (student, parent, and staff survey data), Gallup (organizational health data), ZenDesk (ticketing system), etc.
Customer Service and Capacity Building
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from school-based and Home Office staff
- Develop institutional data capacity by helping staff use data in real-time, leading data capacity building trainings on data literacy, etc.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Knowledge of urban school environments and school culture
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with teachers, coaches, school leaders and other home office and school-based colleagues
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting customer expectations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications – advanced experience with Excel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- 3 years minimum professional experience in statistical analysis or social science; direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience using STATA, SPSS, R, or Python
- Experience using Tableau preferred
- Experience using SQL preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required