1801 Mississippi Ave SE
District of Columbia
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School / AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation
Title: Instructional Coach
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School is seeking a motivated master educator in the position of Teacher Effectiveness Instructional Coach to support and coach teachers in effective teaching practices that impact student achievement and classroom quality. This position would report directly to the Director of Teacher Effectiveness team and will require travel between AppleTree schools based on the needs of AppleTree’s network of public charter schools.
AppleTree implements the Every Child Ready instructional model within a coaching framework. The Instructional Coach will work directly and collaboratively with teachers to make appropriate decisions about curriculum, assessment, instruction, and data in an effort to increase quality teacher practices, classroom quality and student achievement data. The Instructional coach will also be responsible for supporting teachers to disaggregate and analyze a variety of data related to academic and social-emotional needs of all students in order to meet the unique needs of the classrooms.
Supports Effective Teacher Instruction and Practice:
Teach, model, and facilitate research-based best practices within AppleTree instructional program Identify instructional and behavioral needs of classrooms and create an appropriate and individualized
coaching plan using baseline data
Provide coaching to priority classrooms using coaching tools along the ECR scope and sequence protocols, which include, support for classroom structure, curriculum, climate & management, instruction, and parent engagement
Collaborate with teachers and school leaders to identify the instructional needs of students, set learning goals and targets, and problem solve with teachers to develop best practices for continuous academic growth of students
Provide specific integration and differentiation strategies that enable teachers to meet the needs of all learners.
Perform other duties and responsibilities related to instructional, behavioral and all content areas as assigned by supervisor
Collect, Analyze, and Model the use of Data to Drive Instruction:
- ● Collect, analyze and create coaching plans based on classroom quality, observation and achievement data
- ● Model and assist teachers with collection and analysis of student data and classroom quality data to drive
- ● Support classrooms in evaluating formal and informal student achievement data, and assist with placing
- students in the appropriate small groups and interventions along the RTI continuum
- ● Use data consistently and effectively to be able support teachers
- Implement Professional Development
● Collaborates with school administrators and Director of Instructional Leadership to ensure that teachers
effectively plan instruction using a variety of data sources
- ● Implements ongoing in-class coaching and workshops in assigned schools and classrooms
- ● Uses coaching data to identify common professional development needs of classrooms and creates a
- differentiated coaching professional development plan
- ● Provides various and diverse professional development activities based on needs (brown-bag sessions,
- video, virtual, trainings)
- ● Creates and/or implements other professional development as assigned
- Serves as member of Teacher Effectiveness Team
- ● Collaborates with other Teacher Effectiveness (TE) team members consistently
- ● Meets regularly with TE team (continuous professional development, team meetings)
- ● Weekly Check-in with Director of Instructional Leadership
- ● Network with other instructional coaches and participate fully in ongoing professional development to
- extend instructional competencies in professional growth areas
- ● Develop personal leadership and professional leadership competencies
- Maintains Professionalism
- ● Respects confidentiality
- ● Communicates consistently with all stakeholders
- ● Demonstrates punctuality, good attendance, and professionalism for all duties
- ● Maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, curriculum and instruction, or a closely related field. Experience with coaching or facilitating learning for adults is required (classroom-based instructional coaching experience outside the classroom preferred). In addition, at least 5 years of successful professional teaching experience preferred, 3 years required.
- Candidates must demonstrate mastery as a teacher through observation, student achievement data, teacher data and classroom quality data. They will exemplify and model their ability to support meaningful student academic and social emotional growth as well as exemplary practices in classroom management. Teacher quality data, in the form of CLASS and Quality Indicators should demonstrate an ability to support a high quality classroom environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate the leadership experience, organizational skills, technological proficiencies and communication abilities as a teacher model. A solution-focused, collaborative work style is a must.
- Working Environment
- Candidate will be at school and/or office environments and will be traveling to multiple sites.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience, including excellent benefits.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of an Instructional Coach.
AppleTree has excellent health and dental benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go to our online portal at www.appletreeinstitute.org/careers, click on open positions and apply! If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No emailed resumes or phone calls accepted, please. We look forward to seeing your application.