Details: Salary will be based on experience of the candidate
1468 Madison Avenue
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer. We are a growing enterprise and have multiple, Postdoctoral Fellow opportunities available within our laboratories.
The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to and shape several ongoing projects within the laboratory. The Postdoctoral Fellow will report directly to the Principle Investigator (PI).
- Conduct and design experiments under the direction of lab PI.
- Report to PI research progress and maintain a current knowledge of literature in relevant fields.
- Maintain good records and contact with collaborators.
- Nurture collaborative relationships with fellow scientists within the institution, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting publications under the direction of the PI.
- Master computer and technical skills necessary for experimental execution as well as data input and analysis.
- Help train and mentor less experienced staff such as students and volunteers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should possess a Ph.D., experience in research environment, proficiency in Molecular and Cell Biology (such as PCR, flow cytometry, electrophoresis, tissue culture, etc.), and excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience in animal research (mouse modeling of disease) is highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required