The Command Center Officer will provide support to the Lead Command Center Officer and Security Manager. This position will ensure that effective systems are in place, so as to manage security emergencies and keep all staff aware of security regulations and compliance procedures. This position will also be responsible for knowledge of the Security systems, as well as established security procedures and protection measures. The Command Center Officer on an assigned shift is responsible for the operational control of the security program in connection with protecting the organization's personnel, contractors and visitors. This position is considered essential (24/7) and personnel will be required to come to or remain at work during emergency situations to assure proper coverage. Additionally, duties may include cross training to work different positions.
- Ensure all forms of communications such as e-mails, phone conversations, and client interactions are conducted in a courteous and professional manner, confidentially, and documented appropriately. Ability to support the Lead Command Center Officer with additional operational support or assigned duties. Must be detail oriented to assist in maintaining Daily Activity Logs per shift. (50%)
- Ensure oncoming personnel are informed of any information (handover) required to perform their duties and make sure their uniform appearance and equipment has been inspected at the start of shift. (15%)
- Issue identification badges and assign or deactivate access as needed. Responsible for receiving and responding to emails as well as properly maintaining the identification badge database to include taking picture ID's, entering employee profile data input. (15%)
- Work with multiple software programs that may include CCTV operation and controls and video recording/playback, and mass communication alert systems. (10%)
- Dispatches Security Officers via radio or telephone to emergency calls for assistance or service on a priority basis in accordance with established rules and procedures, as well as maintain visual and audio of Officers patrolling the immediate area for safety and security. (10%)
What You’ll Bring
Minimum Education Required
Associate Degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
At least 3 years of professional experience within an operations command center, or at least two years of experience at the supervisory level, with 4 years in the security field. Must be able to obtain or possess any applicable licensing for job function.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be commissioned as an Unarmed Special Police Officer by the District of Columbia within 3 months of hire.
- Must have a proven track record of excellent customer service with ability to display sound judgement and organizational skills to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as an ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs.
- Proficiency with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and additional software applications.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays on a rotational schedule and work overtime as dictated by the needs of the department.
Military, Law Enforcement and security experience
No direct report