Beyond Conflict, a Boston-based non-profit organization, is looking for an ambitious, experienced, detailed-oriented, highly–organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with senior leadership to manage the operations of its science and technology research and development division, the Innovation Laboratory, providing operational, project management and administrative support to the Lab across all of its projects. The Lab focuses on conducting and administering basic and applied research to address the migrant and refugee crisis, political polarization (domestic and international), racism and exclusion, and to counter violent extremism. The position is full time. The successful candidate will work for and with the Director of the Innovation Laboratory, and closely with Lab-affiliated academic, government and industrial institutions, in a growth-oriented environment.
Operations, Project Management and Administration
- Serve as the program manager and general support for Bill Casebeer, PhD, the Director of the Innovation Lab.
- Establish and administer Lab project management processes across all Innovation Lab initiatives, including tracking of milestones, deliverables, and budgets, and the production of progress reports.
- Serve as a hard-charging driver behind lab activities, working with the Director to oversee and supervise programmatic and administrative work.
- Work with the leadership team to produce briefing, publicity and sales material.
- Work with the team to produce donor updates, reports, and/or external presentations.
- Assist in proposal development and design of new projects.
- Maintain familiarity with the science and technology behind Lab pursuits (especially relevant developments in cognitive science and political science).
- Maintain travel calendars, and oversee and support VIP and stakeholder visits to the Lab.
- Work with a growing team to establish a Lab demonstration and work space.
- Manage day-to-day Innovation Lab office operations.
- Provide support and overall coordination for grants administration activities.
- Run standing lab meetings and events with the Director.
- Provide administrative assistance to Beyond Conflict Lab management.
- Assist in the planning and execution of high-visibility events.
- Support and staff meetings of the Beyond Conflict Scientific Advisory Board, with Director.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Passionate about making change and reducing conflict in our world.
- Excited about conflict resolution-related science and technology and willing to think broadly about its development.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with SalesForce or similar system a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Minimum of five years of prior lab, office or program management experience.
- Capacity to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality within and outside of the office.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
Job Type: Full-time. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Program/lab and project management experience, and/or previous experience working with senior executives: five to seven years minimum.
- Undergraduate degree in related field a requirement; a Master’s degree or higher, or industry working experience, in a related field (cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, political science, communications, computer science, business administration, etc.) a significant plus.
- Experience in the non-profit and research and development sectors a significant plus.
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Innovation Lab Program Manager” in the subject line. Beyond Conflict is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Beyond Conflict – Founded in 1992, Beyond Conflict is a global non-profit organization based in Boston that works with government, nonprofit and community leaders to address conflict and promote social change in the United States and abroad. In recent years, Beyond Conflict has partnered with cognitive and behavioral scientists to create the Beyond Conflict Innovation Lab for Neuroscience and Social Conflict, a research and development unit within the organization, which conducts original research, applies existing scientific insights and tests new interventions. The goal is to apply brain science to design and promote new tools that reduce conflict, increase tolerance, and facilitate positive social change in the United States and abroad. To learn more, please visit: www.beyondconflictint.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Innovation Lab Program Manager” in the subject line. Beyond Conflict is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. **No phone calls please**