Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven professionals with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our staff members are persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. We are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
Position Overview: Our K-5 Math Coach position is for an individual who is well versed in mathematics content and pedagogy and who works directly with classroom teachers to improve student learning of mathematics. Coaches should understand the developmental nature of mathematics and the interconnections among concepts.
MATH COACH QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Strong pedagogical content knowledge in constructivist math learning
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing Common Core State Standards
- An understanding of the power of data- how to collect it, analyze it, and organize it for interpretation and application
- Growth mindset for self, students, teachers, and other educators
- Experience leading professional development workshops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective listening skills and strategies to motivate others.
- Experience in coaching and leading a team successfully
- Dedication to improving the lives of students both in and outside of the classroom
- Masters degree: New York State Teaching Certification (or eligible for reciprocity)
- Assist principal in overall success of the academic program
- Develop existing teacher teams within and across grades so that those teams understand curriculum, engage in focused collaborative planning and lesson analysis, align instructional practice, and deepen student learning
- Deliver high-quality mathematics and related professional learning opportunities that build the capacity of mathematics teachers and administrators to realize the priorities established at the beginning of the year
- Provide classroom-based coaching to teachers that supports with content knowledge and the implementation of our curriculum with fidelity
- Participate as a member of the Instructional Leadership Team to inform the school’s instructional and professional learning focus.
- Facilitate teachers’ understanding and implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Provide workshops for families that bolster confidence with math and support them in supporting their scholars.
- Develop teacher capacity to collect and analyze multiple sources of data to improve student learning and inform instruction
- Consistently analyze teacher practice through ongoing classroom observations, feedback sessions, student work, teacher reflection, and data collection
- Embody the La Cima Core Principles of Community, Accountability, Reconciliation and Effective Effort.
- Participate in a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year with a desire to grow and develop professionally.
- Work collaboratively with school leaders to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom; Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles everyday
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should email a thoughtful cover letter and current resume to: email@example.com
Although email is the preferred method, hard copies may be faxed to (718) 443-7291 or mailed to:
La Cima Elementary Charter School - Attn.: Kaila McNair, Recruitment Manager
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11221
La Cima is an equal opportunity employer.