Details: This position offers a competitive salary based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
1413 Lowell Road
The Children’s Meetinghouse is seeking a new Director for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Children’s Meetinghouse is a non-profit early childhood center located in Concord, MA, serving children ages 4 months through 5 years in our infant/toddler and preschool programs. Our experienced teachers guide our child-initiated, emergent curriculum model, which incorporates influences from the Reggio Emilia philosophy and helps to foster respect and resourcefulness through play and exploration. The teaching staff of six is highly educated, experienced and dedicated; many have worked at TCM for ten years or more.
Ideal applicants will be dedicated early childhood educators with management experience. The Director will take a leadership role in supporting our teaching staff, children and families, as well as promoting the mission and values of the school. The Director’s roles include faculty leadership, administrative leadership, and communications leadership, and the Director should expect to provide coverage in the classrooms as needed. To succeed in this collaborative leadership role, candidates should share our common philosophy and practice.
- Develop, support, and maintain our child-centered, play-based, emergent curriculum
- Oversee hiring, supervision, and evaluation of teachers and staff and provide professional development opportunities
- Provide vision in strategic development, marketing, planning, organization, and management of the school’s programs and facilities
- Manage daily operations of the school, including administrative and record-keeping functions in conjunction with the Business Manager
- Manage day to day responsibilities for policies, procedures, programs, and budgets in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Cultivate and foster a sense of inclusion to all members of the school community, including students, parents and faculty members
- Comply with and uphold licensing standards set by the State of Massachusetts
- Oversee the admissions and enrollment process, including meeting with and touring families
- Represent the school out in the community at events, conferences and related programming
- Massachusetts E.E.C. Director Certification
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or related field (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the early childhood level within an emergent curriculum
This full-time position begins July 1st, 2018 and offers a competitive salary based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com.