Position Summary: The Development Director is responsible for the implementation of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s mission through the preparation of an overall fundraising plan that includes an array of fundraising strategies that generate revenue and support for the Foundation’s mission. This includes (but isn’t limited to): special events, corporate/foundation giving, and volunteer engagement programs. The Development Director works closely with the Chapter Executive Director and board committees to develop the annual work plan and execute the activities that ensure the success of the chapter’s fundraising initiatives in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Collaboration, cultivation, identification and recruitment of revenue partners that will maximize impact on special events.
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through special events, volunteer partnerships and corporate development.
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual and corporate/organizational partners.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the development work plan. Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities. Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Prepare and manage budget (income and expenses) and work plan (with timeline and deliverables) for the successful completion of assigned fundraising event, programs and activities.
- Coordinate the production of all collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Participate in ongoing discussions with the Executive Director with regard to current fundraising events and developing and implementing new initiatives.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- College graduate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three-five in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Driver to make a difference. Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral. Marketing and public relations preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Minimum Education Required