District of Columbia
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.
The Communications Manager plays a key role in implementing the environmental community’s narrative on clean air and climate change issues nationally and in CAC states. This position works collaboratively with other CAC departments, staff from the CAC coalition, and CAC communications consultants to advance the Campaign’s communications goals.
· Plan and support media events
· Develop and direct communications resources such as the “Message of the Week” and other messaging content
· Serve as communications point of contact on campaign initiatives and special projects
· Help develop, manage, and maintain productive working relationships with communications leads from the coalition member groups, partners, and other allies
· Coordinate media and communications activity with member groups
· Ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience, a background in advocacy or campaigns
· Superior organizational and management abilities
· A strong desire to work in a fast-paced, coalition atmosphere
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Experience dealing with consultants, reporters, editors, editorial boards, columnists, bloggers, broadcast producers and thought leaders
· Experience working with conservative media a plus
This position reports to the Communications Director and is part of CAC’s Program Team. The position is a full-time role that has no direct reports but does require significant consultant management on select projects.
Salary & Application Process
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
Link to apply: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required