GREATER BADEN MEDICAL SERVIES INC. (GBMS) is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization that provides primary and preventive care services for both insured and uninsured patients.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) which means that we meet government standards for quality of care and we provide a defined range of basic health services. Our services include Pediatric Care, Adult Care, Dental Care, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Prenatal & Women’s Health, Substance Abuse Treatment, HIV/AIDS testing and treatment, Veteran’s Medical Care, Health Education, Outreach, and WIC services. We partner with local governments, social services departments, faith communities, businesses and non-profit leaders to address the needs of our patients. Each year we serve over 16,000 patients at six Locations. Our dedicated providers and staff make Greater Baden an ideal place to call your medical home.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Development Director is responsible for the development, implementation, reporting and administration of Greater Baden Medical Services (GBMS) fund raising strategies, campaigns and donor relations. Manages fundraising projects with internal and external partners. Supervises the activities of the Fundraising and Development Department by planning, prioritizing, assigning, and reviewing work of staff. Typical functions performed and supervised at this position will include but not be limited to the supervision of researching and planning of fundraising efforts, completion of grants applications, evaluation of grant compliance, grant reporting, maintenance of grant revenue cash flows streams, cost accounting for grants projects, and overall administration of grant programs.
- Provide daily supervision of Greater Baden’s Fundraising and Development Department Staff
- Manage and assign grant portfolio, and tracks progress on funded projects to assure compliance with grant requirements.
- Collects and reviews statistics & dashboards and produces internal grant update reports
- Continually update and implement policies and procedures for the Development Department to streamline systems and processes.
- Work with finance and program staff to create budgets, and review fiscal reports.
- Facilitate internal and external partner meetings to review grant documentation, timelines and assignment responsibility of major tasks. Coordinate work plan development.
- Track that all elements of grant projects are implemented as planned.
- Schedule team grant reports and remind responsible parties of the deadlines in a timely manner
- Monitor grant expenditures on a monthly basis and keep CEO and relevant program staff up-to-date.
- Develops strategic plan to research, identify and target donor funding opportunities, including non-governmental fund opportunities from foundations.
- Writes compelling and successful donor communications/proposals.
- Collaborates with GBMS management team and consultants on marketing initiatives.
- Collaborates with and supports the CEO in developing innovative fundraising strategies.
- Establishes and coordinates capital campaigns to meet the organization’s financial needs.
- Establishes and coordinate annual fundraising activities (e.g. Gala). Develops and expands a base of donors.
- Cultivates relationships with individual donors, corporations, and foundations within and beyond Prince George’s County on behalf of GBMS.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with peer organizations to leverage joint fundraising opportunities.
- Establishes effective mechanisms for acknowledgement and recognition of donors at all levels. Coordinates donor recognition events.
- Mobilizes and GBMS board members, management, providers, and staff to assume appropriate roles throughout fund raising events and campaigns.
- Manages fundraising expenditures carefully to achieve positive financial outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains a fundraising database.
- Coordinates with marketing consultant on press releases.
- Manages special projects and initiatives with internal and external partners as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Project management skills including identifying project goals, organizing project team, developing project plan, assigning or performing and monitoring completion of project tasks, status reporting, issue resolution, project completion, and post-project analysis.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Editing skills.
- Verbal skills including the ability to make presentations to large audiences, serve as emcee at events, speak persuasively with individual donors, and communicate verbally with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining grant funding from a variety of sources, including corporations and foundations.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Professional demeanor with an aptitude for analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Interpersonal skills, able to relate to individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, able to negotiate successfully and build consensus.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field, required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five to Seven years of progressively responsible experience in development, and fundraising, with Demonstrated success in acquiring gifts in all facets of annual giving, required
- Working knowledge of development best practices, education and development, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research, required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare Systems, preferred
- Supervise consultants and contractors when indicated.
- Participates in team/staff meetings; attends in-service meetings, and applicable workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Supervises the Program Administrator and Women’s Health Monitor.
Accountability – Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
Internal/External Stakeholder Management – Ability to focus both internal and external stakeholders simultaneously. Identifying all people or organizations impacted by the program and its projects, and documenting relevant information regarding their interests, involvement, impacts heavily on program and project success.
Project and Process Management – Ability to manage projects, planning, prioritizing. Appling knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements.
Reporting - Drafts, runs, and distributes reports. Provides overview and communicates report findings.
Time Management - Understands what is required and prioritizes to get tasks/projects completed and establishes/implements an effective course of action (ex. establishes appropriate deadlines). Reprioritizes work efforts based on changing situations and emerging issues (e.g., in response to organizational, systems, and/or schedule changes).
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and/or employees. Must be able to summarize and exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally moves office equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another.
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues for different purposes in different context.
- Expressing or exchanging information to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Cognitive ability to analyze, count, summarize and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Ability to recognize social or professional behavioral cues.
Ability to read and interpret written or verbal documents and instructions. Ability to speak effectively to patients, employees and/or stakeholders of the organization.
Must be able to drive between Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc. locations.
Level of Language Proficiency
See full job description
Minimum Education Required