War Child has an exciting vacancy for a Gaming Partnerships Executive which offers the opportunity to create, activate & manage key gaming partnerships, playing a critical role in raising funds and awareness of our cause across and within the video gaming industry and community. As a key member of War Child’s award-winning Gaming team, you will have a direct impact on the lives of children who have been affected by conflict.
If you share our values and believe that children’s lives should not be torn apart by war, we want to hear from you.
War Child, the specialist charity for children affected by conflict. For more than two decades we’ve delivering high-impact programmes that are rebuilding lives across Afghanistan, Iraq, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Central African Republic and Yemen. We understand children’s needs, respect their rights, and put them at the centre of the solution - from reintegrating children formerly associated with armed groups and armed forces (CAAFAG) in the Central African Republic to reuniting children with their families in Afghanistan. We look forward to a world in which the lives of children are no longer torn apart by war. This is a vision that can only be realised through the collective actions of children themselves, communities and their leaders, organisations like War Child, governments and key decision makers.
Child safeguarding and Adults at Risk
Our work with children and at-risk adults to keep them safe is the most important thing we do. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in all areas of our work. We have zero tolerance for any behaviours and practices that puts children and/or vulnerable adults at risk of abuse and/or harm. All candidates selected for interview will be asked relevant child safeguarding question(s) during the selection interview. Successful applicants will be expected to be compliant with and sign up to our Child Safeguarding policy, our Code of Conduct and PSEA: Adults at Risk Policy. You can find the Child Safeguarding and Adults at Risk policy here: https://www.warchild.org.uk/our-work/policies-and-reports/safeguarding
Diversity and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to ensuring that all our people and job applicants are treated fairly, irrespective of where, what or whom they were born, or of other characteristics. We want to offer a safe and inclusive workplace where all our people, especially those who are currently marginalised or underrepresented, can be themselves at work. You can read our Diversity and Inclusion policy on our website, and if you have any questions about our commitment to diversity and inclusion do get in touch: https://www.warchild.org.uk/our-work/policies-and-reports/diversity-and-inclusion
The Gaming Partnerships Executive is responsible for using initiative and innovation to seek out opportunities to partner with the video games industry and community. Your key objective is to secure income to help War Child deliver quality programmes to an increased number of children in conflict zones, while ensuring the organisation has the flexible funding needed to maintain stability and growth. As the fastest growing part of a dynamic industry, gaming has been highlighted as one of War Child’s most important target sectors for innovation and growth. By following our approach, you will be uniquely placed to deliver a lasting impact on the War Child and the children we serve.
· Being an important member of the team that seeks to maximise the value War Child receives from current or future gaming partnerships.
· Manage existing and seek new gaming partner relationships, with developers, studios and content creators.
· Attend gaming events to meet new & existing gaming partners.
· Represent the Gaming Partnerships team in Project Groups to maximise the success of cross team projects through collaboration and sharing of skills and experience.
· Support the marketing and promotion of all gaming activations to maximise audience engagement. Work closely with Content & Communications and the Digital Marketing teams.
· Use all tools available to ensure compliance including research, client record management database as well as GDPR and fundraising regulations.
· Ensure all Gaming Partnerships adhere to our Shared Global Fundraising Policy and where necessary take steps to manage any risk with support from the Head of Gaming Partnerships.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the role.
· Knowledgeable in gaming or have worked in the sector
· Solid basic understanding of digital marketing and familiar with gaming platforms & services, e.g. Steam, Twitch and YouTube. Tiltify experience a big plus.
· Able to demonstrate success in achieving financial targets through account management, business development or sales
· An excellent verbal communicator, confident in dealing with people at all levels, externally and internally, with the ability to influence and negotiate
· A confident relationship manager able to take a personal approach to business relationships
· Able to demonstrate success in contributing to projects or team work
· Able to maintain accurate records with the help of a Client Record Management system. Salesforce experience a plus
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundraising regulations / compliance and contracts
War Child has an exciting vacancy for a Gaming Partnerships Executive which offers the opportunity to create, activate & manage key gaming partnerships, playing a critical role in raising funds and awareness of our cause across and…
· Flexible working - we recognise the considerable benefits that flexible working can bring and are happy to discuss any possible flexible working options with our employees from hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, occasional working from home and compressed hours.
· Annual leave – 28 days per year (full-time) rising to 33 days with service, plus bank holidays
· Pension - all eligible employees automatically enrolled into a Group Personal Pension Plan with a 5% employer contribution, with minimum employee contribution on a salary sacrifice basis
· Family leave – we offer enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave
· Health & wellbeing - employees may take advantage of a healthcare cash plan and a range of wellbeing initiatives and training. In addition, all employees have access to free, confidential one-to-one wellbeing consultations with trained counsellors.
· Learning & development - dedicated to the investment in learning and continuing professional development for all our employees
· Range of flexible benefits such a Cycle to Work scheme and season ticket loans.
· Flexible working - we recognise the considerable benefits that flexible working can bring and are happy to discuss any possible flexible working options with our employees from…
· Please download the application form here: https://www.warchild.org.uk/who-we-are/jobs
· Submit a completed application form and a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com by 11:59pm on 02/08/2022
· Due to limited resources, we will contact only the shortlisted candidates
· Interviews will be held on week commencing 08/08/2022
· If you have any questions about reasonable adjustments before or during your application, we welcome the opportunity to talk about what we can do to fairly adapt our process for you. Please share what you’re comfortable with to help us put the right support in place, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential by our HR team.
· We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the country where this role is based.