Full Time Temporary
Details: Hourly pay rate of $15 per hour
Rising Sun is a premier nonprofit organization working at the intersection of economic equality
and climate resilience in the greater California Bay Area since 1994. Our CYES program employs
local youth to provide free residential energy and water efficiency installation and education
services, or Green House Calls, and operates in six Bay Area and Central Valley counties.
PROGRAM OPERATIONS ASSISTANT SUMMARY
The Program Operations Assistant works with the Program Operations and Data Manager to prepare for the 2018 California Youth Energy Services (CYES) summer program. This short-term, paid position is an opportunity for individuals to work with their hands. The Program Operations Assistant will also get a snapshot of the necessary operations work that allows a non-profit organization to function, learn about energy and water saving devices, and gain a foothold in the non-profit and sustainability sectors.
AS A PROGRAM OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, YOU ARE:
● Enthusiastic about doing physical work
● Able to follow directions precisely; detail-oriented, can work quickly and efficiently
● Able to perform basic IT tasks
● Able to carry 40 lbs. up a flight of stairs, able to climb a ladder, able to perform physical work
multiple days in a row
● Able to drive a large van or 15-ft U-Haul from time to time
● Able to work up to 40 hours per week from May 2018 to June 2018
● At least 18 years old, have proof of a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, and have everyday
use of a car
● Reliable, flexible, and adaptable
AS AN PROGRAM OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Working closely with the Program Operations and Data Manager to plan and implement setting up
satellite offices throughout the Bay Area, including delivery of equipment and supplies, and setup
of utilities and IT
● Aiding the Program Operations and Data Manager with tracking the flow of supplies in and out of
Rising Sun’s warehouse, including picking up supplies from various locations as needed
● Preparing CYES materials for site setup including stocking materials and updating IT equipment
● Other duties as assigned
AS AN PROGRAM OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
● Are acquainted with Bay Area communities
● Are available on occasional evenings
● Are competent with Google and Microsoft Suites, and comfortable with database and information
PROGRAM OPERATIONS ASSISTANT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
● Hourly pay rate of $15 per hour
● Mileage reimbursed at $0.545 per mile
● Professional support and mentoring from program staff
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, three references and answers to the following questions to: email@example.com
1. Are you able to climb a ladder, drive a large van or 15-ft U-Haul, and lift 40 lbs.?
2. Describe any experience you have working with computers.
3. What type of physical activities do you like to do on a regular basis?
4. Do you have a driver’s license, car, and insurance?
5. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?