Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Job posted by The One Love Foundation in honor of Yeardley Love, Inc.
ABOUT ONE LOVE:
One in three women and one in four men experience relationship abuse in their lifetime. Young women ages 16-24 are at three times greater risk. Three women a day are killed by their partners in the U.S. alone. The statistics around relationship abuse make it a public health epidemic that all of us have a stake in changing.
One Love exists for one reason: Yeardley Love was killed and her was death avoidable if anyone in her life understood the warning signs of an unhealthy and increasingly dangerous relationship. This realization – that Yeardley’s death might have been prevented – is the driving force behind our work to educate young people about relationship abuse and rally them in a campaign that can change the statistics.
What started in 2010 out of a family’s wish to honor their daughter, expanded in 2015 into a national educational campaign to improve young people’s understanding of healthy versus unhealthy relationships. Using emotionally compelling content, and a peer workshop model, we are reaching hundreds of thousands of young people, teaching them how to recognize signs of abuse, and providing them with the language and tools required to navigate these relationships.
Across the country, communities are engaging in this conversation. Over the last three years, more than 185,000 young people have completed our “Escalation” workshop in person; nearly 15,000 people have joined Team One Love to continue the conversation in their community after the workshop is completed; 12,000 facilitators have been trained to lead workshops, and our #ThatsNotLove digital campaign has had over 82 million views online.
As we continue to scale this campaign, engaging even more young people as leaders of this work, we are focused on ensuring the campaign reflects the perspectives and interests of all who are impacted by this issue. Working closely with individuals at schools and colleges, youth-facing organizations from churches to after school programs to community agencies, and domestic violence advocates across the country, we will reach more people and engage more voices in what can be a truly human campaign for change. Together we can change the statistics and end relationship abuse.
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT POSITION:
While this position involves typical executive assistant responsibilities, it goes beyond those tasks alone as an opportunity to work closely the CEO of a fast-growth, entrepreneurial organization to help strategically manage her to-do list, communications, and internal/external relationships in a way that best serves the organization and its ambitious goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
• Lead responsibility for management of the CEO’s calendar including scheduling meetings and planning frequent travel. This includes thinking strategically about how to prioritize meetings, and who to reach out to for meetings when you know the CEO will be in a particular city
• Working with the CEO to prioritize her daily schedule and keep track of the status of a high volume of open items
• Lead responsibility for maintaining up-to-date records for all CEO relationships – in her contacts and on Salesforce. Assist the CEO in maintaining notes as needed on meetings and next steps
• Taking the lead on special projects when needed, facilitating communication between the CEO and the other departments at One Love
• Fielding telephone calls, emails, and inquiries and determining daily which can be handled directly, which should be referred elsewhere, and which must be addressed by the CEO
• Identifying, preparing, and compiling necessary materials to ensure that the CEO has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events, and special projects. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is a must.
• Managing the CEO’s receipt collection, expense tracking, and reimbursement process
• Providing meeting support including agenda planning, logistics organization, and materials prep
• Anticipating ways to help advance items on the CEO’s agenda and then working to do so
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of eight to ten years of work as an executive assistant working in fast-paced and high-volume work environments
• Flexibility and resourcefulness; adaptability to changing needs and demands; ability to work across an organization with a variety of roles and personalities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ease in creating and amending presentations
• Outstanding organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
• Ability to think laterally and anticipate challenges that may arise; comfort managing a very full to-do list at all times
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and deep understanding and familiarity with social media and technology
• Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred
Personal Qualities and Attributes
• Passion for our mission and work – ability to communicate that passion with external contacts and inspire others to get involved; great excitement about being part of a movement to end relationship abuse
• An ability to both learn and work quickly
• Natural problem-solving instinct, ability to generate solutions for problems or challenges that emerge
• Proactive and hard-working individual who works well both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize, plan, and anticipate work that needs to be done
• A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
• High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
• Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
• Collaborative, team-driven style
• Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an assets-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
The compensation and benefits package are competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send the following to email@example.com
• Put: “I’m your next Executive Assistant” in the subject line
• Include an attached resume in PDF format
• In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job
One Love is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. One Love does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.