1501 East Madison Street
TITLE: Living Building Challenge Manager
STATUS: Full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Education + Living Building Challenge Director
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and solutions-oriented non-profit, seeks an exceptional Manager for the Living Building Challenge program. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission. The Living Building Challenge is widely accepted as the most innovative green building standard in the world. It defines the most advanced measure of sustainability in the built environment possible today and acts to diminish the gap between current limits and ideal solutions.
The primary duties of the Living Building Challenge Manager relate to project consulting and business development. Secondary duties include contributing to general program management, resource and education development, assisting with day-to- day customer support, and conducting occasional research tasks. Many aspects of this role will be public-facing and will require confident and professional public-speaking and meeting facilitation skills. All aspects of this role will require strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, a strategic thinker, and be comfortable working both collaboratively as well as independently with minimal supervision. This person will also be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and flexibly reprioritize in response to the needs of our organizational priorities and project team community.
This job is full time, exempt, and requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule where after hours meetings and periodic travel across the US are required. ILFI has offices in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Pittsburgh, PA as well as additional remote staff across the country. This position will be fulfilled in Seattle, WA.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Under the direction of the Education and LBC Director, manage and deliver ILFI’s consulting and project team support efforts to help prospective and registered Living Building Challenge project teams in their pursuit of certification. This includes writing proposals, client management, all phases of project management, and implementation of services such as charrette and meeting facilitation, project review and analysis. This work will also include providing consulting support to projects participating in our Affordable Housing Initiative.
- Manage our grant funded work on Net Positive Water that includes research, development of case studies, resources, and reports, education development and delivery, partnership coordination, project consulting, and some grant management.
- Help develop as well as manage the implementation of targeted outreach and marketing services and campaigns to prospective and registered project teams to increase both LBC registrations and the uptake of consulting services.
- Support the management of the Living Building Leaders, a group of leading architecture firms committed to supporting the adoption of the Living Building Challenge.
- Manage one staff member. Additional staff reports may be assigned in the future.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical resources and tools pertaining to the Living Building Challenge.
- Contribute to customer service and programmatic support by email and phone.
- Support the Living Building Challenge with a variety of research and education related tasks.
- Provide detailed research and data analysis regarding program statistics as needed.
- Outreach to the Living Building Challenge community regarding sponsorship and participation in our programs.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a field complimentary to job duties and/or mission of the organization.
- 5-10 years of experience within green building or related field.
- At least 2 years of previous green building consulting experience.
- Previous business development experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Living Building Challenge program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, outreach and facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders representing different organizations, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, InDesign, Word and Excel.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to job duties and green building professions.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Strong ability and affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications. Hardware and software will be Mac based.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM platform.
- Experience with data analytics, business, or real-estate finance.
- Living Future Accreditation and/or LEED Accreditation.
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission driven. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days of annual sick leave.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – LBC Manager“. We will be reviewing applications on May 8th, 2018.