Details: Plus excellent benefits
1002 S Pearl St
Starting Wage: $47,476 annually, plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Position Closes: June 3
Location: Morgan Family YMCA, Tacoma, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause
Would you like to share your passion for aquatics with others? Would you like to use your leadership and development skills to provide a great staff and member experience? As the senior aquatics director, you will oversee the aquatics team and manage aquatics operations with celebration and service.
As the senior aquatics director, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, developing, and monitoring all department operations.
If hired for this position you will be responsible for staff development, administration, fiscal management, connecting members, and program development. You will provide an impactful staff experience by recruiting and hiring, training and developing, supervising and evaluating employees and volunteers to ensure staff are representative of the mission of the YMCA. You will also meet performance measurement through annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to impact the lives of the people we serve. We strive to draw the most talented leaders to make an impact each day in Pierce and Kitsap Counties. We invite individuals who are motivated servant leaders to apply to be an active, inspiring part of the team.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
Make great decisions:
- Plan, develop, and evaluate aquatics programs.
- Create, maintain, and balance departmental budget.
- Develop a department strategy to incorporate department leadership in the budget process.
Provide quality results:
- Assure compliance with state and local regulations.
- Ensure that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Keep current on aquatic trends and national standards to develop a full range of programs that incorporate YMCA quality standards, and meet the needs of our community.
- Work collaboratively with the community and partner organizations to assess and meet additional needs of our community and members.
- Develop, implement, and manage operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth.
- Execute strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another, the YMCA, and community.
- Provide leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
Develop staff to their fullest potential:
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitate communication and provide leadership.
- Determine program offerings and staff scheduling needs to provide a safe and meaningful experience.
- Promote a positive and productive work environment and maintain a strong and high functioning team.
Are you a good fit?
- I have a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent knowledge that includes supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development.
- I love working with people.
- I love being around water.
- I can manage and develop staff and volunteer teams.
- I am organized, proactive and know how to get things done.
- I have current Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, First Aid, and Oxygen certifications.
As a full time employee, you will receive a medical/dental/vision benefits package, retirement savings plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), life and long term disability benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Leave Plan (ELP), and a family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website.