Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. By providing critical resources and deep cultural sensitivity, Womankind aims to help survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence find refuge, recovery, and renewal for themselves and their families. We provide innovative healing services and award-winning assistance to individuals of all ages. Depending on circumstance, survivors have access to a safe place to live, assistance with housing, employment, English language training, legal immigration assistance, financial empowerment, and so much more.
The One Again program at Womankind works to support sexual violence survivors and their loved ones in their healing journeys through direct trauma-informed, culturally sensitive, and client-centered services; addresses rape culture through community education and outreach; and aims to create cultures of accountability through advocacy and campaigns.
Pathways to Healing (P2H) is Womankind’s open wellness program for survivors of any type of sexual violence at any point in their lifetimes who are at least 18 years old. The components of this holistic wellness program include acupuncture (first hour), yoga/qi gong (second hour; the activities alternate every week), and different expressive arts mediums during the tea and healing circle (third). Because it is an open group, participants do not have to stay for the entire time or attend every session, although it is highly encouraged, which can have attendance fluctuate.
Given that childcare is often a barrier for many parents, many of the P2H participants are parents who are in need of trauma-informed childcare services. By providing trauma-informed childcare, parents are then allowed to have the space and time to focus on themselves and their healing journeys without having to worry about their children. This, in turn, can help to foster healthier relationships between the parents and their children because both are provided safer spaces to express themselves within P2H.
Because P2H is an open group providing flexibility for parents to receive services without the pressure of attending every week, P2H childcare will also be an open group, leaving attendance to also potentially fluctuate week to week. The P2H Childcare Specialist will be expected to take this into account for their planning and implementing of curricula and working alongside Womankind staff for any anticipated assistance.
- Develop age-range appropriate curricula for P2H participants’ children
- Facilitate age-range appropriate curricula and activities with children
- Track attendance for each P2H childcare session
- Track important information related to children (food allergies, mental health, etc.)
- Develop a cleaning routine that keeps all interactive areas sanitary and safe
- Maintain inventory of childcare related supplies
- Communicate and work with the appropriate Womankind staff (One Again, STAR Children & Youth, and community office Advocates) to address any childcare challenges
- Previous experience working with children in learning and/or healing environments
- Ability to develop age-range appropriate curricula and activities for children
- Strong emotional intelligence, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
- Deep belief in the Womankind’s mission and determination to grow the organization to be best in class
- Strong and effective verbal & writing communication and listening skills
- Fluency in an Asian language is not required, but is a plus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in an Asian language is not required, but is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include your name and “Childcare Specialist” in the subject. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.