The Criminal Defense Practice has an opening for a full time Investigator for its Queens office.
* Investigate crime scenes
* Locate and interview witnesses
* Take photographs to support investigations
* Testify in court
* Serve motions and subpoenas
* Transport attorneys to crime scenes and provide accurate, detailed reports on investigations
* Other duties as assigned
Queens - Criminal Defense Practice Office
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Good listening and questioning skills
* Familiarity with MS Office
* Familiarity with borough neighborhoods
* Excellent written skills
* Skillful interpersonal interactions
* Requires field work during office hours as well as at irregular hours
* Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
* Ability to travel 95% of time
* A valid New York State driver's license as well as everyday access to an automobile for use in investigations
* Required to take and pass the Fire Safety Director exam to obtain certification
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required