2759 Webster Avenue
Part of the Solution (POTS) is a “one-stop shop” helping low-income individuals and families move from crisis to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency. POTS helps 30,000 people, including 8,000 children, annually. Currently, services include a Community Dining Room; a Food Pantry; Clothing Room, Shower, and Mail Facilities; Barbershop; Case Management; a Legal Clinic; Employment Services and the POTS Family Club.
About the position
The Receptionist will provide a calm, professional and welcoming atmosphere to clients seeking assistance and other visitors to the POTS 2nd floor. This desk interacts with those who are seeking case management, legal, immigration support as well as the office of the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Development. This person will be the first person to hear the needs of the client and assess the necessary tasks to support client intake. This is a part-time position (approximately 25 hours/week). The position also requires some data entry and office assistance. Specifically, the Receptionist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Welcome clients, volunteers, and visitors: Maintain the physical appearance of the reception area and provide a courteous and professional presence. When clients have questions or are seeking services, assist them according to the POTS’ policies. Communicate with POTS staff members about clients and visitors who have arrived for appointments and answer phones.
- Intake support: Assist with client intake during walk-in hours using the POTS database.
- Case management support: Contact clients and review outcome reports and record relevant information in the POTS database. Communicate with 3rd party providers to improve the referral process.
- Office duties: Reviewing and recording client data, photocopying, scanning and faxing, and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Spanish language proficiency
- 1+ years’ experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant
- Experience using MS Office products, office phone systems, scanners, and copiers
- Culturally sensitive to people with mental illness and addiction
- Clear, compassionate and calm communicator
- Identification with POTS’s mission and values
- Must be available 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday, Friday and Saturday.
- Associate’s degree preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish - highly proficient
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Receptionist”. The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's Spanish language capabilities and salary requirements.
POTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. POTS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.