55 Exchange Place
Department: Alternative Investments
Report To: Raina Singh, Director
Date: Until Filled
The SEO Alternative Investments team is seeking a Program Associate who will help with all programming in the Alternative Investments team of SEO. This includes supporting aspects of the alternatives platform, including programming, recruiting and marketing, partner relations and managing fellows, the Alternative Investments Conference 2019 (AICON 2019), data management, administrative duties, and additional projects that support SEO AI’s strategic and operating objectives.
· Alternative Investments Fellowship Program (AIFP)
o Support in the overall selection of fellows AIFP, including marketing, screening, and interviewing
o Manage all applicant data during the entire selection process and then the final fellow’s data including their participation in required events throughout the fellowship
o Potentially assist with coaching and mentoring the fellows in the AIFP in order to foster their professional growth and their connection to SEO
· Large Scale Events & Smaller Workshops/Breakfast Meetings
o Manage arrangements for space, vendors, catering, event supplies, and travel needs
o Lead the logistics planning for multiple workshops including printing and collating handouts, designing flyers, creating nametags, day-of troubleshooting, etc.
o For large-scale events, work with the event management firm to ensure all deliverables and materials are delivered in a timely and accurate manner
· Monitor available data to determine effectiveness of programming and messaging and suggest changes accordingly
· Identify, propose and support other projects that advance and support SEO AI’s strategic and operating objectives
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Work will typically be done in the office, during regular business hours
· Occasional evening and weekend work is required, dependent on program needs
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Detail-oriented in approach to tasks while working with a sense of urgency to meet goals and deadlines; flexible and adaptable in a team environment.
- Must be data driven, with advanced MS Word and Excel skills and proficient in Google Drive
- Ability to manage workflow independently
- Maturity and self-motivation to perform most responsibilities with minimum supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and complete all tasks and work with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable working independently as well as a serving member of a collaborative team
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive results
- Passion for SEO’s mission and values
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
· 15 paid vacation days, 4 personal days and 13 paid holidays a year
· Eligible to participate in 403b TIAA-CREF retirement plan with employer contribution
Level of Language Proficiency
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one-year work experience in a logistics, infrastructure, events management, program development and execution or similar role.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to Raina Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "AI – Program Associate" in subject heading. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. The target start date is October 2018.