Family Promise, the national leader addressing family homelessness, is seeking candidates for a Brand & Marketing Associate to support our Impact team. The Impact team is responsible for all brand & marketing, national fundraising, corporate partnerships, media relations, and thought leadership. We are adding to our team to expand upon our thought leadership, advocacy, and awareness efforts and to create new content and digital pathways to engage groups and individuals who want to change the future for children in America.
Our brand mission is to elevate the voices of families experiencing homelessness—educating the public on why our system is broken and how Family Promise is the leading organization addressing the issue nationally. We are looking for a person with solid communications skills to support content creation and distribution through our social media channels and website, as well as knowledge of local, state, and national issues related to family homelessness and inequality. The position will report to Family Promise’s Chief Impact Officer.
- Serve as key player in the organization’s efforts to elevate the Family Promise brand and the issue of family homelessness nationally
- Support Creative Content Manager in video editing, schedule content on social media, hone organization’s voice on Twitter, and engage with audiences on various platforms
- Work with Marketing & Media Manager to create prompts for thought leadership content, and support work in media relations
- Create and post content on Family Promise blog and LinkedIn; schedule e-communications
- Collaborate with Family Promise Government Relations Committee and external advocacy partners to create content appropriate for social media, website, and press releases
- Source relevant news stories to post on social media
- Conduct research about policy issues related to affordable housing, wages, child homelessness, and other areas that affect low-income families and families at risk of homelessness
- Work with team to create advocacy/awareness campaigns to affect national policy change and templates for Affiliate engagement in the 200+ communities where we work
- Passion for Family Promise's mission - to help families experiencing homelessness and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response
- Commitment to equity and social justice
- Reputation as a team player and comfort interfacing with all levels of staff and external audiences
- Professional, conscientious, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Ability to effectively multi-task, to establish priorities, to work and make judgments independently, and take initiative
- Basic video editing abilities
- Proficiency with Adobe and Office 365 applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or other relevant area a plus
ABOUT FAMILY PROMISE
Family Promise is the national leader addressing Family Homelessness, comprising more than 200+ Affiliates in 43 states and engaging 200,000 volunteers nationwide. Since our inception in 1988, we have served more than 1 million people— over 126,000 family members annually. Our holistic, community-based response delivers a comprehensive set of solutions through prevention, shelter, and stabilization services. In 2019, Family Promise was awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for its seventh consecutive year, a top distinction from America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Only 6% of charities achieve this honor.
Family Promise’s Core Values reflect the guiding principles that our team practices in their daily service to the families in need:
- Hospitality – Family Promise is more than shelter—we are hospitality in action. Our 200,000 volunteers nationwide are companions to families, sharing meals, community connections, and compassion so families can focus on achieving their goals.
- Empathy – Family Promise provides highly individualized, person-centered, trauma-informed care. Empathy is at the center of all we do, and we take the time to understand all perspectives. This ensures we deliver excellent service to our guests and maintain a productive and enjoyable work environment.
- Community – Family Promise builds bridges among neighbors, bringing together existing resources to fulfill our mission. The relationships between family members, volunteers, and staff are transformative and power a national movement of communities committed to solving the crisis of family homelessness.
- Dynamism – Family Promise is a dynamic organization, taking a holistic approach to ending family homelessness. Our services, advocacy, and leadership are nimble and future-focused, providing customized and evolving solutions.
- Innovation – Family Promise is innovative and entrepreneurial. Our 200+ Affiliates create original programs in response to local needs. These grassroots initiatives are replicated in communities of all shapes and sizes across the country.
- Empowerment – Family Promise empowers all stakeholders – family members, volunteers, donors, community members, businesses, and government officials – to effect change in their communities so families can achieve economic stability and children can access a brighter future.