Full Time Contract
Position Title: Project Manager – Lebanon (f/m)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: until December 2019
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
DRI in Lebanon:
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. DRI works in Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa assisting democratic reform actors with knowledge transfer, evidence-based policy advice and multi-stakeholder processes on key areas of democratic change.
In Lebanon, our current work focuses on the political aspects of the country’s decentralisation efforts. More specifically, our project “Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation in Lebanon – Phase II” aims to reinforce effective cooperation between national and local governments and create platforms for coordination and exchange between citizens and local and national authorities. DRI works closely with a consortium of Lebanese civil society organisations – Al-Idara bi-Mahalla – and cooperates with academics, think tanks and decentralisation practitioners. In 2018 and 2019, DRI will conduct a comprehensive assessment of governance effectiveness in three key public service delivery sectors and use the findings to engage national and local government representatives and work with civil society partners to advocate for reform.
As DRI Lebanon’s Project Manager, you are responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all project activities, events, publications, and other project outputs of DRI Lebanon’s projects in close cooperation with the Country Representative and Finance and Administration Manager (FAM). You also provide input into strategic project design and planning and support the Country Representative in the overall management of DRI Lebanon’s portfolio of work on decentralisation, legal reform, elections and other areas of democracy support.
Your responsibilities include:
- Co-design and lead on the implementation of project activities, such as events, workshops, trainings, research studies and publications;
- Monitor the implementation of project activities and update the project workplan accordingly;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tools, collect and analyse relevant data and compile monitoring reports;
- Ensure gender-mainstreaming in the implementation of all project activities and project monitoring;
- Provide advice and support to the Country Representative on the design and implementation of project frameworks;
- Monitor political, social and legal developments relevant to the projects to be able to suggest modifications to project activities, if appropriate;
- Co-develop, co-draft and review DRI publications;
- Contribute to regular project reporting;
- Support the Country Representative in outreach activities involving key stakeholders suchs civil society partners, representatives of civil society organisations, Members of Parliament, local and national government institutions, academia and media;
- Support the Communications and Research Officer in the development and implementation of outreach and advocacy activities, including travel to the regions;
- Other duties as required.
Your Qualifications include:
- University degree in Law, Political Science, International Development / Relations, Management or other relevant fields;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in project management in Lebanon;
- Experience working in research institutions, think tanks or international organisations desirable;
- Relevant experience in the area of decentralisation, legal reform, elections and other areas of democracy support;
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel, and Project Management Tools;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required, French is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions like heavy workloads and tight deadlines.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are not a Lebanese national, please note you need a work permit to apply for this position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Arabic and English, French is an asset
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter, CV and three references) in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Manager – Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 25 March 2018. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.