Full Time Contract
Camps Lanowa and Wakonda, American Camp Association Accredited camps, are seeking General Counselors for campers ages 7-13. The Activities Specialist work closely with the Program Director, they develop lesson plans for their area of competency.
· Communicate to the Program Director any issues faced with campers or staff in their activity area.
· Help supervise the health and safety regulations for members of the cabin group.
· To plan activities that are safe and age appropriate.
· Prepare reports and evaluations as necessary
· Desire to work and live in the outdoors from June 16-August 21, 2018.
· Ability to pass a background check, physical exam and be up to date on all required immunizations.
· An understanding of and liking of children; knowledge of behavioral issues a plus.
You will also need to provide:
· Three letters of reference
· A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
· Additional special skills and certifications (First Aid, CPR, EMT, and other) are a plus.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
- Saturday, June 9th staff expected to arrive to camp
- Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
- Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
- Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
- All staff departs by Monday August 21st by 3:00 PM
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required