1300 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Combine your exceptional organizational and communication skills with your desire to promote transparency and accountability in government in a part-time permanent position with the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics (CRP), producer of the award-winning money-in-politics website OpenSecrets.org. CRP, a non-profit research organization that tracks money in politics and its effect on elections and public policy, seeks a skilled, professional and energetic office manager.
- Manages the day-to-day office operations such as answering the main line calls, responding to incoming inquiries to the general email account, and retrieving and distributing mail and building access keys.
- Greets visitors and informs guard of guests.
- Orders office and printer supplies
- Provides administrative support to Executive Director and Board of Directors, including assistance with scheduling meetings and calls, ordering meals and recording board minutes
- Serves as administrative support to other departments as needed through one-time projects and on an ongoing basis, as needed
- Uses Quickbooks to record bills and writes checks, record income and deposits checks into bank account, enter online donations, create and maintain invoices
- Tracks payroll changes and updates payroll form
- Maintains and distributes petty cash and reconciles account
- Supports HR processes including on-boarding and training on company systems
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree preferred plus 3+ years of work experience;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Superior attention to detail, consistent follow-through, strong task tracking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently;
- Accountability, professionalism, and commitment to excellence;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Proactive problem identification/solving with ability to apply sound thinking to problems;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Google and Internet. Quickbooks experience preferred.
This is a permanent part-time salaried position paying up to $20/hour for 15-20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. No company benefits are offered. The ideal candidate will be able to commit to the position long-term (minimum 1 year). Expected start date: early November 2018.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. People from underrepresented communities, including people of color, women, LGBTQ and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email résumé and cover letter explaining interest, relevant experience and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: "Office Manager position." Please send cover letter and résumé as attachments only, not in the text of the e-mail. Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.