Part Time Temporary Contract
Request for Proposal: Facebook Video Optimization Tool
MoveOn.org Civic Action seeks proposals to provide a tool that simplifies and automates the process of creating multiple ad variants on Facebook’s ad platform. The goal of this tool is to enable MoveOn Video Lab staff to easily A/B test alternative video versions, share texts, and thumbnails to identify the optimal Facebook video post to maximize video views or click actions. It will be used on every video they create and will be part of their typical workflow from video pitching to posting. This testing happens through controlled use of the Facebook ads platform, though the resulting optimization will typically be applied to a free, organic post.
2. Scope of work
The vendor selected for this engagement will work with members of MoveOn’s analytics, video lab, and possibly its engineering team to accomplish the following scope of work:
Facebook ads are organized into: Ad Campaigns › Ad Sets › Ads, which the tool will feed into from the frontend UI via API. The tool would do the following with user choice points called out:
- Create a new test
- User Input:
- Prompt user for: test name
- Prompt user for: objective (video views or clicks)
- Prompt user for start time: [Default = now + 1 hour]
- Prompt user for test length: [Default = 4 hours. Can be 1-12 hours]
- If clicks, prompt user for: landing page URL.
- Create new Ad Campaign with:
- ad campaign name = test name
- ad campaign objective = objective user selected
- Enter Variants
Prompt user for: video versions (v)
Prompt user for: thumbnails (th)
Prompt user for: share texts (tx)
prompt user for: description (d)
prompt user for headline (h)
prompt user for: button label (b)
Create one ad set for each combination of v + th + tx + d + h + b.
Each ad set has one ad
Set each ad set budget = $4, total budget = v*th*tx*d*h*b*$4
- Confirm Setup
- Show users each of the variants that will be tested. Allow specific combinations to be nixed.
- Show proposed budget. Allow overall budget to be changed. If changed, prorate each ad budget to keep them equal while still totaling overall budget.
- User hits confirm.
- Set up Ads
- Details for all ad sets
- - Set custom audience: Lookalike audience (1%) to people who like MoveOn.org page
- - Set locations: United States
- - Set age: 18+ - 65 (all ages)
- - Set gender: all
- - No detailed targeting
- - Set edit placement: All devices, Facebook feeds only
- - Set optimization: Video Views -or- Clicks
- - Set bid amount: automatic
- - Set when you get charged: 10-second views -or- Clicks
- - Set lifetime budget (see above)
- - Set start time and end time (see above)
- - Set ad set name = testname_v#th#tx#d#h#b#
- Details for ads
- Ad names are same as ad set names. (And one ad per ad set)
- If clicks, links have ?source=[ad name]
- All ad set/ad combos should be submitted for review together.
- Collect Data
- At the end time for the ad, pull the following data from Facebook and append to a table in MoveOn’s Redshift data warehouse.
- Ad name
- File name of uploaded video for ad
- File name of uploaded thumbnail for ad
- Share text of ad
- Description from ad (if clicks)
- Headline from ad (if clicks)
- Button text from ad (if clicks)
- URL from ad (if clicks)
- Link to ad post
- Ad start time
- Ad end time
- Amount Spent
- 3-Second Video Views
- 10-Second Video Views
- Video Watches at 75%
- Video Average Watch Time
- Post Shares
- Post Comments
- Post Reactions
- 10V / Reach
- 75% / 3V
- Shares / 3V
- Reactions, Shares, Comments / Reach
3. General information for request for proposals
The vendor or independent contractor selected for this contract will work with the following MoveOn Team members: Amy White (Senior Analyst), Anne Thompson (Video Lab Director), and Ann Lewis (Chief Technology Officer). The Senior Analyst is the sole point of contact at MoveOn for this procurement. All communication between the vendor and MoveOn upon release of this request for proposal shall be with the Senior Analyst Amy White, email@example.com. In the event that the Senior Analyst will be unavailable for a period of time, an alternate contact will be provided.
Request for proposal to prospective vendors by February 16, 2018
Request for proposal returned to MoveOn by March 12, 2018
Request for proposal evaluations completed by March 23, 2018
Contracts negotiated and signed by March 30, 2018
Project completed by May 11, 2018
Submission of proposals
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. The Senior Analyst must receive the proposal no later than March 12, 2018. Proposals must be submitted electronically as an attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals should be Word or PDF files.
Proposals must be written in English and submitted electronically. Proposals should include:
– Letter of submittal
– Overview of process, including how you plan to communicate with MoveOn project managers, how changes to initial specifications are handled, what testing is involved, and how the final tool will be delivered.
– Current client list or professional references, with contact information
– Three recent examples of development projects, preferably with a Facebook API
– Cost of proposal
– Date available to start work and expected project completion date. (Project must be completed by May 11th but preference may be given to vendors who can complete the project sooner.)
The following criteria will be used to evaluate proposals received through this request for proposal process:
- Quality of provided examples and references with preference given to Facebook ads API projects
- Proposed process
- Cost and availability
Most favorable terms
MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best and final offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligations to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
Minimum Education Required