Urban Youth Alliance is seeking to hire a Court Advocate for the new BronxConnect Alternative-to-Incarceration (ATI) program. This Court Advocate position will be responsible for serving as the program’s representative to the Bronx Courts for the purpose of processing new youth referrals as well as reporting the progress of program participants to the court. The Court Advocate will work under the supervision of the Director of Alternative Justice programs and is also responsible for documenting work thoroughly in these areas.
· Coordination of all court referrals of potential youth participants for ATI services
· Conducting intake and assessment interviews with youth and families at court house and/or program office
· Appearing in court to report youth’s progress in program, including compliance with court stipulations as well as performance in program activities and services
· Writing and submitting court reports on youth’s progress and compliance
· Documenting referral process and intake assessment utilizing program database
· Maintain regular communication and foster working relationships with court personnel, including Probation Officers, Attorneys, Judges, and other court representatives.
· Personal development in light of the mission, vision and core values of UYAI
· Promote the work of UYAI through personal and profession contacts
· Minimum of Bachelors degree in related social services or criminal justice field required
· Previous work experience in providing court advocacy and/or intake assessments preferred.
· Comfortable working with a faith-based agency; familiarity with Bronx church community a plus
· Comfortable working in a South Bronx community-based setting.
· Excellent spoken and written presentation skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to maintain written documentation.
· Ability to manage personal work schedule involving numerous court-related appointments daily.
· Experience working with Latino & African-American families. Fluency in Spanish desired.
· Applicants from the South Bronx, or similar urban areas, are encouraged to apply
· Must possess a passion for urban youth and for justice, and a commitment to lasting change.
Urban Youth Alliance is an indigenous, multicultural, cross-denominational urban youth ministry that equips and empowers youth and youth workers to bring the transforming presence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to urban high schools, colleges, and communities. BronxConnect (a program of Urban Youth Alliance) contains faith and community-based alternative-to-incarceration (ATI) and alternative-to-detention (ATD) programs for Bronx court-involved youth, and is dedicated to keeping urban youth out of jail for life. BronxConnect provides comprehensive services to youth, including court advocacy, counseling, case management, mentoring, educational support, job readiness, and other services.
Urban Youth Alliance is seeking to hire a Court Advocate for the new BronxConnect Alternative-to-Incarceration (ATI) program. This Court Advocate position will be responsible for serving as the program’s…
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention Director Jose Marte (no resumes will be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter with salary requirements included and no phone calls will be taken before a resume has been received).
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Director Jose Marte (no resumes will be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter with salary…