The Director of Development in New York will lead and manage event and major gift fundraising in the New York market, including growing and stewarding our donor base for the No Kid Hungry Campaign. As there is tremendous growth potential in this market, the Director will be responsible for achieving a year one fundraising goal of a minimum $2.5M, with expectations for significant growth over the next three years. The Director will oversee the expansion of the Night Out for No Kid Hungry dinner, the vision and strategy for Reboule du Rhône, and additional key culinary cultivation events involving high-level volunteers. The Director will also grow major gift revenue in the market by stewarding and renewing current donors, identifying new prospects, and working in partnership with the Director of Principal Gifts to deepen the overall major gift pipeline. The position requires a high performing development professional comfortable managing concurrent priorities in a dynamic, high-growth, collaborative organization with onsite and remote team members. The Director must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and execute a comprehensive multi-year fund raising plan for dramatically increasing revenue over the next five years through event and major gift fund raising.
· Lead and manage all fundraising in the New York market, including growing the New York donor base, identifying new donors and stewarding current donors.
· Develop and execute a plan to elevate the Night Out for No Kid Hungry dinner and outline a three-year plan for the event to deliver at minimum $1M in revenue.
· Drive expansion of our major gifts program and in partnership with the Director of Principal Gifts, deepen the pipeline of major gifts donors and prospects.
· Positively engage and motivate staff and collaborate with colleagues and peers across the country, and support and collaborate with the Executive Team and board members on major fundraising activities.
· Leverage existing Share Our Strength resources and best practices and effectively apply, broaden, and share expertise to support goals and deliverables.
· Serve as spokesperson for the organization in the region and enthusiastically articulate our mission and vision.
· With the New York program team, communications, and development teams collaborate on strategy and content for periodic donor outreach.
· Oversee management of donor cultivation events in New York and ensure that those events are successful fundraising vehicles.
· Analyze, report, and periodically present statistical analysis of donor information to the board, CEO, and senior staff.
· Manage and lead a team of two development professionals.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of high-level event and major gift development experience, with a keen understanding of best practices in fundraising.
· Demonstrated experience building successful fundraising plans in New York with increased total dollars raised over multiple years.
· Enthusiasm and passion for our mission.
· Impactful participation in developing, articulating, and implementing annual strategic development plan for New York within the scope of Share Our Strength’s national plan.
· Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge of an organization’s strategy and mission and its market differentiating assets to raise considerable funds.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and effectively manage high-visibility volunteers, and remote and onsite staff.
· Outstanding communications skills, and ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
· Proven resourcefulness, creativity, and flexibility.
· Ability to travel 30-40% of the time.
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple deliverables and priorities on concurrent strict deadlines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database software required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.