75 Bloomfield Avenue
When a young adult ages out of the foster care system in New Jersey, there are few resources to serve 18-24 year olds and nothing as unique, comprehensive, and successful as Roots & Wings. Founded by a passionate volunteer in 1999, we’ve grown to serve 40 young adults a year through relentless private fundraising and an unwavering focus on data-driven outcomes. Roots & Wings has an individualized approach creatively combining nurturing support, safe housing, educational support and practical life skills with a commitment to excellence for young adults who have aged out of the child welfare system. Roots & Wings provides a foundation for this high-risk population of disadvantaged young adults on which they can build – replacing dependency with self-sufficiency. We invest deeply in each young adult we are privileged to serve, seeking a transformational impact that will permanently change their lives.
We aim to become the model of excellence for aged out foster youth, expanding to serve a growing percentage of New Jersey’s aged out foster youth population.
The Program Director is responsible for ensuring the success of every young adult at Roots & Wings.
- Continuously tailor the Roots & Wings program according to best practices in the field for outcome attainment with a relentless focus on outcome tracking, program development, and additional program supports to improve the success of our participants.
- Manage an incredible team of 2 full-time and 4 part-time program staff and interns to reach their best potential in working with our young adults
- Work alongside the Executive Director, board, and team, to develop and execute strategies for growth and expansion
- Create all program documentation as required by state licensing standards, agency policy and procedures and quality assurance guidelines.
- Represent the agency externally
Who You Are
We believe these traits are essential to achieving success:
- Proven relentless and undaunted commitment to data-driven outcome excellence
- Years of demonstrated exceptional clinical judgement in engaging and assessing at-risk and high-trauma populations
- High energy, constant learning approach to attacking challenges
- Actions speak louder than words, ready and eager to execute on vision
To be eligible for consideration, you must have:
· A Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of full-time experience in social work or a related field.
- 4+ years of successfully managing teams and coaching team members to excellence
You will likely have:
· A Master’s degree
· New Jersey State Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor
· Supervisory certification
What You Can Expect:
Roots & Wings has a high-performing, heart-centered, and entrepreneurial culture characterized by our desire to provide our team members with the support, resources and energy they need to be successful in our organization and in the non-profit field in general. If you take on this position, you can expect to be offered a compensation package, including salary and benefits that would be commensurate with your experience and competitive within the social service sector. Some of the benefits we offer to our team include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation time – 15 days paid annual vacation & 10 paid holidays/office closures, 10 sick days, 3 personal
- Retirement Plan – Roots & Wings matches contributions up to 3% on a vested schedule
- Tuition Benefit - $1,000 annually towards degree programs
- Professional Development trainings funded by the organization
- A small, caring, hard-working team dedicated to the success of our young adults
- An opportunity to meaningfully and permanently change the lives of young adults with limitless potential
Our offices are located in downtown Denville, NJ.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Applications containing a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, will be evaluated on a rolling basis and accepted until June 11th at 5:00 p.m. In addition to connecting your skills and experience to the role, we encourage you to use the cover letter to express your personality and passion for serving at-risk populations. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.