951 Prospect Avenue
Make a difference in the lives of New York City's older adults, their families and the community. For over 50 years PSS has performed vital and important work -- through its nine centers, two apartment buildings and affiliated programs, the agency touches the lives of over 1,000 people a day. As the Director of Kinship Caregiving, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating operations, services and programs in providing individual counseling, educational training, respite services, supplemental assistance, information & referral and perform outreach initiatives to existing and prospective caregivers. The Director's role is vital in ensuring effective supportive services are put in place and innovative programming is provided so that kinship caregivers, and kinship youth receive information, support and resources to assist them in coping with the challenges of those involved in the caregiving dynamic.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSW (LMSW, SIFI Certified desirable)
- Excellent Program Management Skills
- Experience working with Older Adults preferred
- Experience working with the New York City Public School system preferred.
- Experience with PeerPlace preferred.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Organizational Skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) highly preferred
Competitive Benefits Package
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required