152 N. 3rd Street
It's great to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At First Place for Youth we're committed to bringing passion and Client (Youth) focus to the business of making a meaningful impact. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to value our employees, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is investment in others. We value in creating an environment so that each one of us can succeed in our personal and professional goals.
A Social Worker/Youth Advocate will provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team and provide coaching to support each youth achieve their goals of housing stability, sustainable employment, and educational achievement. Youth Advocate's provide intensive case management as well as develop and implement intervention strategies for youth. The position carries a case load of about 15 youth, and spends most of their time out in the field meeting with youth at their apartments, on the job, or at other locations in the community.
- Develops partnership strategy with each youth.
- Provides direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment.
- Collaborates with community providers including county workers, courts, professionals, vocational and independent living skills in programs, schools, family members and significant others.
- Completes documentation including but not limited to: Care and Services plans, needs assessments, and progress notes.
- Master's Degree in a discipline to be eligible to register with the BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
- Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and/ certification.
- Must be comfortable working in community settings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability and skill to drive a vehicle.
About the Company:
First Place for Youth is the largest agency in California dedicated exclusively to providing access to affordable housing and resources for transition-age foster youth and has grown to become a nationally recognized model.
First Place programs consistently produce high outcomes; when compared to the general population of former foster youth, our participants are eight times less likely to experience homelessness, twice as likely to graduate from high school and nine times more likely to enroll in college, three times as likely to be employed and three times less likely to give birth before age 21. In Fiscal Year 2012, First Place served more than 2,000 youth in five California counties and has experienced a 70 percent growth in the last four years.
For more information about First Place please visit our website at www.firstplaceforyouth.org
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
- Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
- 401 (k) Retirement plan
- LTD and Flex Spending Account
Minimum Education Required