Independent School Lunch/Park Duty Attendant (PT)
- Job posted by Science, Language & Arts International School
Part Time Temporary
Details: Hourly compensation commensurate with experience
126 St. Felix Street
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Science, Language & Arts International School (SLA) is an independent PK-5th Grade French and Mandarin immersion school located in the heart of the BAM Cultural District in downtown Brooklyn. A progressive, project-based approach supports a curriculum rich in the sciences, math, and the arts. Children are immersed not only in foreign languages but a school culture designed to develop thoughtful, cooperative citizens. Through a generous sliding scale tuition structure, SLA is dedicated to achieving a culturally and socioeconomically diverse balance of families that reflects our local community.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
In this position you will oversee lunchtime and outdoor playtime on our campus and in a local park. A successful candidate for this position is highly attentive, actively hands-on, and experienced with elementary school aged children. As the hours of this position are between Monday and Friday from 11:15AM to 1:00PM, this opportunity may be ideal for college/graduate students, parents, or other adults with mid-day availability We encourage applicants to also consider applying for our part-time Aftercare Teacher post; both roles can potentially be served by one staff member. If applying for multiple positions, only one cover letter is required. The start date for the Lunch/Park Duty Attendant is immediate and runs through the spring semester.
- Maintain the safety of the students while playing
- Escort the students to and from the park in an organized fashion
- Monitor classroom during lunch hour
- Help resolve conflicts between students and handle any situations that arise
- Available starting immediately from 11:15AM-1:00PM, Monday-Friday, through June 2018 (please submit your availability in your cover letter)
SLA teachers are talented educators who are attracted by the opportunity to have an impact on the growth and development of a flourishing young school. We offer a supportive environment, rich in opportunities for professional development and self-reflection.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English is required; proficiency in French or Mandarin, a plus
- At minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent group management skills
- Documented experience working with children ages 4 to 11 as a teacher, camp counselor, or other appropriate child care capacity
- Highly dynamic personality and hands-on approach
- Ability to be on site Monday – Friday from 11:15AM to 1:00PM. Applicants can be available for some or all days. If you have occasional availability, there may be opportunities to serve as a substitute attendant on an as-needed basis.
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- CPR certification, a plus
- Commitment to SLA’s philosophy and values as detailed in the “About Our School” section and on our website: www.slaschool.org
Level of Language Proficiency
- English required
- French or Mandarin a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please submit a resume and a cover letter as your application. The cover letter should indicate which position(s) you are applying for, address how you would perform well in this role, identify key relevant experiences, and include your availability. Later in the application process, please be prepared to provide personal and professional references as requested.
- Resume and Cover Letter submissions should be sent to email@example.com. You may address your cover letter to the hiring manager.
- Only applicants deemed a good fit for this position will be contacted to schedule an interview.