Details: Salary commensurate with demonstrated experience .
59 Paul Robeson Place
The Princeton Family YMCA seeks an energetic, creative, and goal-oriented leader for the full time position of Director of Membership and Healthy Living. Responsibilities include the development, quality assurance and implementation of all member and healthy living services; growing and expanding membership within the organization; engaging members in the Y cause to move from a “transactional” relationship to “transformational”; successfully promoting and marketing membership and health programs; and recruiting, developing and leading a team of dedicated, service-oriented staff; ensuring quality management and support for members to strengthen membership retention. The successful candidate should have a minimum of two years progressive professional management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting, superior written and oral communication, organizational, interpersonal and computer skills (relational databases such as DAXKO preferred and familiarity with digital communications of all kinds) and a proven ability to manage multiple projects capably and to work flexibly and positively with colleagues and volunteers. EOE.
The Director of Membership and Healthy Living will play a key role by engaging members and inspiring our neighbors to achieve good health and balance. This individual will:
• Develop, implement, and manage operating plans to promote membership and/or healthy living program growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
• Hire, train, support, and supervise staff and volunteers in areas of membership and healthy living. Facilitate communication and provide leadership. Model relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions; ensure certifications are current and are in compliance.
• Participate as member of the Princeton YMCA Leadership Team and attend meetings.
• Provide leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees as assigned. Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the community.
• Effectively interpret and build support for the goals and mission of the YMCA Movement among all constituencies in the community.
• Consistently demonstrate strong values and leadership skills; serve as positive influence among colleagues, staff team and YMCA members.
• Utilize best practices to plan, manage and deliver a high quality membership development/engagement program; monitor and analyze member data; conduct campaigns; lead successful recruitment and retention efforts to ensure regular, ongoing member growth.
• Ensure proper implementation of front desk and wellness center procedures and quality customer service. Review and update desk procedures and communicate changes to staff.
• Work collaboratively with Facilities team to ensure equipment is in working order and environmental issues are being addressed promptly.
• Develop, design, implement and evaluate programs in all assigned areas (membership and healthy living); ensure quality delivery of service and character development components are integrated.
• Promote program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinate program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Troubleshoot member issues.
• Prepare, analyze and manage departmental budget and financial procedures including refunds/credits and other related accounting functions. Coordinate with the finance department to discuss monthly financials.
• Ensure prompt and accurate delivery of financial and other reports as required by Controller.
• Monitor Financial Assistance program in partnership with Finance Assistant and Leadership Team members.
• Achieve positive working relationships with partnering agencies and organizations.
• Recruit, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff; ensure certifications are current.
• Develop and maintain positive communications with all constituencies.
• Ensure implementation of organizational and departmental policies with staff and volunteers.
• Ensure that membership department provides a positive image of the YMCA within the community, in accordance with the mission and philosophy of the Princeton Family YMCA.
Competitive benefits include Health and dental insurance; disability and life insurance; YMCA Full-Facility Family membership; Leave time benefits for vacation, personal flex time, illness and holiday; YMCA Retirement Fund (8%) once vested.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required; Spanish and/or other languages are helpful.
Minimum Education Required