1529 S. 22nd Street
The Housing Counselor’s duties entail providing direct engagement and housing counseling services to clients who come into the Dixon House with housing issues, such as potential first-time homebuyers; those who have defaulted in mortgage payments; or persons who have other housing problems and/or energy assistance needs.
• Complete comprehensive intake assessment that includes review of credit history, income,
and savings to determine eligibility for housing, energy, and other Diversified assistance
• Perform pre-purchase and default and delinquency housing counseling in accordance with
PHFA, OHCD, OSH and national industry standards and best practices.
• Attend diversion court to prevent client mortgage foreclosure
• Work with banks, realtors, and lending institutions to meet the needs of our clients
• Perform all case management system duties in Housing Counseling Online (HCO),
CounselorMax, and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
• Pull, analyze and make recommendations as it relates to clients’ credit standing.
• Help facilitate PHFA workshops that meet the financial needs of clients (anti-predatory
lending, financial management).
• As appropriate attend meetings, training's, and housing-related events.
• Work with utility companies, arrange agreements, perform client advocacy.
• Help coordinate client services with NEC energy assistance staff.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
• Diversion Court certification strongly preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple funding streams (PHFA, OHCD, OSH, ECA)
• Computer literate; strong verbal and written skills.
• Ability to interact with potentially difficult clients.
• Ability to work and function under stressful settings.
• Ability to work in a high-paced setting while maintaining professional standards when dealing
with clients, lenders, and other agencies.
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize job tasks.
• Strong computer skills, including good working knowledge of MS Office Suite and housing
B.A. or equivalent work experience; HUD Certified Housing Counselor or industry equivalent strongly preferred. Diversion Court certification strongly preferred.
Minimum of one to three years of experience in housing counseling strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of the Housing Counseling industry. Prior case management and counseling strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resumes and cover letters to Patricia McClay, HR Manager at email@example.com