524 West 57th Street
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Finance Associate to be responsible for the fiscal administration of the Institute. PRI has a seven million dollar budget from sixteen funding sources. The Operations Team supports the business associated with program delivery of thirty-five staff. The Finance Associate will work closely with the Chief of Staff and the Operations Manager to will manage day-to-day financial transactions and assist with financial reporting. She or he must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. She or he must also have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will have finance and/or accounting experience, will be detailed oriented, have great organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and must work collaboratively with colleagues and partners on all levels.
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is one of twelve institutes that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI’s diversified portfolio reflects an overall focus on understanding what it takes for people to live successfully in their communities after contact with the criminal justice system, and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems that work with them. These goals are pursued through several initiatives. PRI Educational Initiatives provide a college access program in six state prisons and community-based services to assist people in enrolling and succeeding in college post-release. This work is done alongside PRI Fellowship Initiatives, which provide opportunities for students to combine their academic learning with field placements and professional development opportunities. We also undertake policy initiatives, focusing especially on housing options available to people after incarceration. To learn more about our work, please visit www.johnjaypri.org.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Finance Associate is responsible for:
· Monitoring and tracking spending across all accounts
· Overseeing maintenance of internal spending tracking systems
· Processing invoices
· Overseeing the issuance of purchase cards and monthly reporting
· Participating in internal auditing of all accounts
· Assisting with the preparation of cost transfers
· Assisting with the preparation of financial reports on a quarterly and annual basis for all accounts
· Working with Chief of Staff and Operations Manager to set up processes to efficiently and effectively improve the infrastructure of the Institute
· Managing relationships at John Jay College, RFCUNY and CUNY as well as other external partners
· Managing electronic and paper filing systems
· Performing other duties as assigned
We are seeking a business savvy professional who is comfortable with financial tasks, who can multi-task in a fast-paced, growing environment and who can balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates must have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration with an emphasis on finance
· Excellent communications skills
· Experience preparing financial reports for various audiences (e.g., program staff, director, funders, etc.)
· Proven ability to analyze financial circumstances and provide financial recommendations to Operations team leadership
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple accounts simultaneously
· Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with colleagues and partners at all levels
· Proficiency in MS Excel
· Experience in FundEZ preferred but not required
· Experience working in higher education preferred but not required
· Experience working with the Research Foundation of CUNY is a plus
Good benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/Americans with Disabilities Act E-Verify Employer.