Network - Network Leadership
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
In order to grow and scale with excellence, we recognize the critical importance of strong operational systems across our schools. We are seeking a strategic operational leader who will set a high bar for school operations and will achieve that vision of excellence by managing and building relationships with others. In this new role, the Managing Director of Operations
will oversee school operations and is responsible, through direct management of the Director of Facilities and the coaching and mentoring of the Director of Operations (DOOs), for ensuring that our schools operate at the highest level, with systems in place that allow teachers and principals to focus on instruction and academic achievement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic operational leader to build systems and processes, set a high bar for school operations, and achieve that vision of excellence by managing and supporting a team of DOOs. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, build, and manage systems and processes for school operations functions, including dashboards, manuals, performance checklists, etc. and operationalize through strategic change management
- Ensure our Director of Facilities and DOOs lead highly effective school operations systems, including but not limited to daily school systems, facilities, financial management, food & transportation, student & staff culture, enrollment management, etc.
- Design performance metrics to evaluate school operations and design strategic plans for accountability and improvement
- Create, implement, and monitor network-wide operations strategic initiatives
- Support hiring, on-boarding, management, and evaluation of all operations staff, including DOOs and school-based operations teams
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external parties, including shared services and school leaders, to increase operational effectiveness
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree in business or operations highly preferred;
- Significant experience and a track record of success in non-profit operations management with school-based operations management preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing team members to concrete outcomes;
- Excellent communication, relationship-building, and customer service skills and ability to work towards a common vision with various partners (e.g. school leaders, operations leaders, shared services teams);
- Ability to create and manage multi-year strategic plans to scale operations functions;
- Ability to effectively and strategically prioritize between multiple high-leverage, high-risk issues; outstanding judgment and understanding of the implications of decisions on schools and partners;
- A high bar for excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-change organization;
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and follow-up skills;
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency; and
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/1wyAa4hQQnQpcOojI6pXJ" />