205 East 42nd Street
The HR Talent Acquisition Team at New Visions strives to enable organizational success through the power of people. This is accomplished through best-in-class recruiting strategies, processes and practices that facilitate the hiring of top talent across our network of schools and our central office. We care deeply about the aspirations of candidates and hiring managers alike and create meaningful connections that ultimately improve student outcomes.
With care, enthusiasm and respect, we seek to forge positive experiences for staff while exceeding their expectations. As the Talent Acquisition Associate, you will manage partnerships, source and support candidates through full-cycle recruitment to ensure our schools employ extraordinary teachers and staff. You will also support schools to develop strategies to meet their staffing needs.
Essential job functions:
- Cultivate a diverse talent pool through various channels including but not limited to hosting networking events, attending job fairs, facilitating university information sessions, industry networking and developing relationships with pipeline partners
- Support branding initiatives including recruitment campaigns and candidate communications while leveraging technology
- Research and establish creative recruitment strategies to find the best candidates who align with the organization's mission
- With the Talent team: set, assess and report on recruitment goals and benchmarks against weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Collect and analyze applicant and recruitment data to ensure goals are met
- Generate creative solutions to meet staffing challenges
- Conduct application, phone and video interview screenings to identify premier talent
- Assess, match and refer the best possible candidates to curate the best staff possible for all New Visions schools
- Actively engage applicants in the application, screening and hiring process with care and enthusiasm
- Effectively communicate the New Visions mission while providing superior customer service
- Handle logistics/conduct interviews for selected candidates, as needed
- Provide training to hiring managers and school leadership on vacancy reporting structure, process and applicant tracking system
- Ensure candidates meet proper certifications and fingerprint clearance requirements to be hired into a New Visions school
- Support on-boarding process and participate in New Hire Orientations
- Support manager and director in the leading of effective staffing workshops to school and central office leaders
Interacts with: Human Resources, principals, school staff, central office staff: including charter school management, school support team and senior management
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to nurture and establish relationships with candidates and staff at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of integrity, ethics and positive energy in interactions
- Personable and approachable with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of technology and database systems.
- Preference for those with strong working knowledge of ATS/HRIS, Microsoft Office suite and Google Documents
- Highly organized, uses tools and processes for project management
- Able to pull, report and use data to make informed decisions about recruitment and hiring
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Flexibility when faced with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Shown success as a team leader and great teammate
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of standard methodologies in recruitment
- Ability to identify challenges and actively seek out effective solutions
- Strong marketing/sales and follow-up skills
- Shown ability at networking, fostering and building a talent pool for large volume hiring
- Excellent event planning skills
- Able work occasional non-standard hours and occasional weekends
- Able to travel to all boroughs for meetings
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of a person in this position.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of New Visions that all employees and applicants for employment will be treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications and without regards to their race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, gender, military status, marital status, ancestry or any other reason prohibited by law.
New Visions provides a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to the opportunity to make a significant impact on education reform and in the lives of urban youth.
Minimum Education Required