334 Amsterdam Avenue
The Marketing Associate is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. This generalist position serves as marketer for two key age constituencies: full oversight of the organization’s crucial older adults (40s, 50s, and 60+) area, and other initiatives as they emerge; and assists the Family Life Marketing Director with the promotion of programs to families of young children.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed advertising plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials—including mailings, posters, and flyers; as well as print, radio, and digital advertising (email, social media, web, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with Family Life marketer, internal design team, and freelancer designers
- Oversee website content for program accounts
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Test new marketing concepts; identify and institute additional revenue streams
- Market special events and work with partner organizations
- Complete interdepartmental administrative tasks
- NECESSARY ATTRIBUTES:
- Meticulously organized
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Copywriting know-how and experience in editing, with the ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Sales acumen
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities, and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Sense of humor
- Having worked with or in one or more of the following spheres a plus: older adults (50 and up); families with young children; a non-profit environment; a Jewish organization.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year post-collegiate experience specifically in marketing/ communications account management in an in-house and/or agency environment
Medical, generous PTO, FSA, 403(B), free membership to state of the art fitness and aquatics center.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com