2600 Woodbridge Avenue
PO Box 3050
CLOSING DATE:10/22/18 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: History & Social Sciences
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, History and Social Sciences
1. Under the direction and supervision of the department chair, identifies and recruits
new adjunct faculty; supervises and oversees adjunct faculty development; evaluates
and mentors adjunct faculty.
2. Provides departmental services to students, including: advising students regarding
coursework; approving student course schedules, program changes, and course
substitutions; resolving student conflict issues; and participation in student
recruitment activities with the department chair and Admissions staff.
3. Assists the department chair in scheduling courses.
4. Assists the department chair with supervision of support staff.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of departmental and divisional
assessment activities, including course and program assessment.
6. Assists in research projects and grant writing.
7. Assists the department chair in planning, implementing and monitoring departmental
operating and capital budgets.
8. Participates in the development, achievement and evaluation of strategic plans and
procedures for the department.
9. Serves on divisional, departmental and college-wide committees and initiatives,
including College Assembly, Division Council, and other college-wide committees.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in a discipline within the History and Social Sciences Department or in
• Three years teaching experience at the college level
• One year administrative or leadership experience
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex County College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
Minimum Education Required