Visiting Research Specialist - Emergency Medicine (Job ID #99663)
- Job posted by University of Illinois - Chicago
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Illinois is seeking a Visiting Research Specialist. This position will collaborate with the PI and researchers to execute and maintain a federally-funded research project on patients with uncontrolled hypertension in the emergency department (ED).
• Collaborate with Principle Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
• Formulate and conduct research studies and analyses. Performs complex data collection and study methods. Analyze and evaluate research results.
• Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods and procedures.
• Develop and write advanced, comprehensive protocols.
• Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
• Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
• Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
• Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science preferred. A minimum of 3 years related research experience. Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
For fullest consideration, resumes should be received by August 15, 2018. In addition, applicants should complete an online application to
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Minimum Education Required