Manager, On-Air Fundraising Production
- Job posted by Window to the World Communications, Inc. (WTTW/WFMT)
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
WTTW (Chicago PBS) is seeking a Manager, On-Air Fundraising Production to coordinate the planning and execution of on-air fundraising production logistics and operations.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the determination of overall objectives and strategies for on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Produces the execution of local on-air fundraising breaks and campaigns in conjunction with other members of the pledge team.
- Assists in the development and production of National Pledge Events, including managing the editing process.
- Authors the on-set pledge rundowns which are essential to the smooth execution of LIVE pledge events.
- Work in conjunction with Broadcast in providing a pledge schedule.
- Research and develop relationships with community partners for fundraising opportunities.
- Constantly keeping up to date with PBS/WTTW mission language to incorporate into the pledge breaks and keep talent apprised of key fundraising messaging.
- Assists in the management of on-air talent and scheduling for pledge events.
- Essential to keep apprised of PBS and other affiliate pledge show offerings; essential to watch and review the ones that he/she will be producing the breaks for.
- Keep apprised of PBS news/current offerings/shows to help understand the overall mission of WTTW.
- Seek out new talent and assist with auditions and onboarding.
- This position should be enthusiastic to assist in other ad hoc roles throughout the year as opportunities arise.
- Organized and detail- oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Staff management skills
- Time Management
- Excellent computer skills
- Production experience
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have 2+ years of event planning, public relations, non-profit development and/or marketing experience. TV production experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://interactive.wttw.com/about/employment