Details: $16.00-$18.00/hour DOE
The Immigration Center for Women and Children (ICWC) seeks a full-time intake coordinator to work with attorneys, staff and student interns in its Oakland office. ICWC is a non-profit legal organization providing affordable immigration services to underrepresented immigrants in California. ICWC strives to provide security and stability for children who are abused, abandoned or neglected and for immigrants who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other violent crimes. The office primarily works with federal immigration laws that allow victims to apply for work authorization and permanent residency. More information about ICWC is available at www.icwclaw.org.
Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Conducting initial intake for potential ICWC clients: a telephone screening (or brief in-person interview) to determine eligibility for ICWC services
- Leading outreach efforts (including community presentations about ICWC services)
- Assisting attorneys with administrative tasks needed in a client’s immigration case
- Handling telephone and walk-in reception duties, including scheduling client appointments for all staff
- Performing administrative duties, including maintaining records/filing systems and processing mail
- Managing and monitoring client data collection, client database and calendaring systems
- Assisting with various operational duties, including managing facilities
- Regularly using Microsoft Office, casework management software and Google Docs/Sheets
Spanish language fluency is required. All applicants should have strong writing skills and a meticulous attention to detail. Applicants should have the ability to organize, multi-task, work independently and work in a team. A demonstrated interest in low-income legal services or a commitment to civil liberties and immigrants' rights is preferred.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. ICWC also offers a retirement plan, FSA (flexible spending account for healthcare, commuting, and dependent care expenses), and wellness stipend. Generous paid-time off, in addition to office closures for federal holidays and a week-long winter break.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Angel Graf, Directing Attorney at email@example.com.