Details: The Development Assistant is a part-time, 18-20 hour/week position. Pay range is $19-20/hour DOE.
3029 Macdonald Ave.
The Development Assistant is a part-time, 18-20 hours per week position with responsibility for supporting administrative and research tasks related to the fundraising efforts that make YES’s work possible. The position will be supervised by the Development & Communications Manager.
YES Nature to Neighborhoods’ primary office is in Richmond, California and is shared by 8+ full-time staff as well as volunteer, intern, and participant visitors. The work environment is focused and fast-paced. The Development Assistant must be able to function in a busy environment; frequently use hands (computer and hand-written work); use computer; sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, occasionally lift and carry 30 or more pounds; correspond with supervisor effectively by email, phone, and video chat. Must have reliable/own transportation.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Foundation Grant Management and Support (40%)
· Manage and track grant application and reporting deadlines; maintain database records.
· Research new foundations and grant opportunities and prepare summaries of findings for Development & Communications Manager.
· Manage relationship cultivation tasks and deadlines.
· Conduct research to strengthen YES’s “Statement of Need” for grant proposals.
· Additional miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed.
Database and Donor/Supporter Cultivation (35%)
· Database management and data entry (SalesForce, Microsoft Excel).
· Perform mail merges (i.e. for thanking donors).
· Address handwritten envelopes for donor thank-yous and other large mailings.
· Use YES’s online YES photo database to locate and prepare photos for projects including grant reports, social media, print and e-communications, etc. (Google Photos, Microsoft Picture Manager, Photoshop, InDesign)
· Assist in generating eNewsletters and eBlasts (Constant Contact)
· Social and digital media: create short videos, edit photos, etc. (iMovie, Photoshop, other).
· Support regular posts to YES’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instragram).
Event Support (10%)
· Event set-up, clean-up, and general assistance.
· Preparation of event materials.
· Manage and track sponsorships and vendors.
There is room for growth depending on an applicant’s skills and interests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Dedication to YES’s mission and work.
· Thoroughness, with excellent attention to detail.
· Reliable and dependable.
· Quick learner, efficient.
· Computer- and web-savvy.
· Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, and skill with/aptitude for additional software described above.
· Neat handwriting, print or script.
· Availability to work on site in Richmond at least 4 days per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED
· Experience working in an online CRM database, especially Salesforce.
· Proficiency with Photoshop and/or InDesign.
· Previous work experience with aspects of the areas of responsibility outlined above.
The Development Assistant is a part-time, 18-20 hour/week position. Pay range is $19-20/hour DOE.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to write/translate materials from English to Spanish would be a bonus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a thoughtful resume and cover letter with Development Assistant included in the subject line to Claire McMurtry: email@example.com. Application deadline is July 31st. Desired start date is mid- or late-August.