The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for marketing CYCL to the public, as well as developing correspondence, attending outreach events, and designing awareness campaigns.They will also work with the CYCL Program Manager to establish, maintain and cultivate key relationships with other community-based organizations.
Under the direct supervision of the CYCL Program Manager, this position will require creativity, collaboration, strong attention to detail and exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Identifying, scheduling, and keeping an organized calendar of relevant outreach events
- Informing CYCL counselors about outreach events
- Organizing, coordinating, and attending outreach events to promote CYCL (which will include ensuring proper staff/volunteer representation)
- Recruiting, training, and developing an outreach team consisting of volunteers, to staff outreach events
- Coordinating CYCL’s presence at the organization’s annual Youth Empowerment Summit
- Researching and finding opportunities to acquaint CYCL with other nonprofits and schools
- Preparing introductory communication to community partners, schools, etc. in conjunction with the CYCL Program Manager and Executive Director
- Preparing and complete mailings of publicity materials
- Assist, as needed, with the development of promotional materials
- Researches issues and analyzes information for use by the organization in the development of reports, studies, and recommendations to the benefit of promoting CYCL
- Coordination of CYCL advertisement and marketing to the community, at the direction of Program manager and Executive Director.
- Assist in the development of Marketing and Outreach strategies for CYCL.
- Coordinate CYCL’s communications including blog posts, web content, social media content and activity
- Research and compile newsletter material from program staff to create and send the electronic newsletter
- Research and compile content for the agency website, as well as facilitate the updating process
- Attend staff meetings and participate in organization-wide planning activities.
- Attend, as needed, meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Assist, as needed, with the overall maintenance of the organization and its offices.
- Other programmatic and agency-specific duties as assigned by the CYCL Program Manager and Executive Director
- 1-2 years of experience
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create innovative and valuable marketing content is essential.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in web-based content management programs, such as WordPress and iContact.
- Experience with writing letters of inquiry and proposals.
- Knowledge of issues affecting youth, including runaway and street youth issues, child abuse, suicide, gay/lesbian/bisexual issues, transgender issues, and sexual assault.
- Must pass a criminal record check.
- Reliable means of transport (Position remote until further notice)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or 2 years of educational experience
- History working or volunteering with nonprofits
- Audio/visual and recording proficiency, specifically those in relation to producing a podcast.