28 W. 23rd st
The Director of International Expansion will make a significant contribution to the growth of Girls Who Code through the analysis, design, and implementation of business expansion approaches in new international markets.
The successful candidate has a successful track record of implementing international programs and is energized by the opportunity to leverage that experience in a start-up environment. Initially working as an individual contributor, he/she will hire and manage a team and create the roadmap and framework for long-term global growth.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Identifying the best approach for entering new countries in collaboration with our COO and CEO
- Performing market opportunity research, competitor analysis, market entry and fit analysis
- Defining the operating structure and processes necessary to implement strategy
- Driving delivery of operational milestones by ensuring rigor through best-in-class project management practices and by applying critical thinking to each business decision
- Anticipating obstacles early and proposing solutions to overcome blocking items for the business
- Hiring and managing consultants and other staff as needed to ensure success in a new market, depending on go-to market strategy
- Representing Girls Who Code in developing and maintaining strong relationships with local key opinion leaders, potential partners, industry associations, and other constituencies
- Directing and executing the development of all tactics which support introduction of the brand to the market, including communications, website, public relations, etc.
- Working with marketing to maintain the Girls Who Code brand voice while adapting for successful consumption in new countries
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced Degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business Management or International Business Management
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience in international-oriented role with demonstrated business results
- Proven experience and success in international program development, implementation, and expansion to multiple locations
- Strong analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative
- Proficiency in forecasting and financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize disparate and complex inputs into clear and concise conclusions and recommendations
- Agility, flexibility, and resilience – this job is charting new territory in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in balancing the need for quality v. the ability to meet goals
- Solid relationship building skills and event organizing experience
- Branding, training, marketing and PR skills are important
- Exemplary written/verbal communication skills
- Develop and deliver presentations with ease; engage audiences
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritize well and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Impeccable interpersonal skills with previous experience working across multiple cultures and languages
- Be able to navigate and operate within different cultures
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience living and working outside of the U.S.
- A successful track record of implementing multiple programs in different cities and rapidly growing the program scale
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Minimum Education Required