12-11 40th Avenue
Long Island City
The Workforce1 Career Center (WF1CC) system operates in coordination with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) and the New York State Department of Labor (DOL) to attract, prepare, and connect qualified candidates to job opportunities in New York City. By using a combination of recruitment expertise, industry knowledge, and skill-building services that strengthen candidates’ employment prospects, Workforce1 makes strong matches for job candidates and businesses alike. WF1CCs require the attention of professionals who are able to support major change initiatives, as well as ensure the success of a demand-driven system.
The Expansion Center Recruiter will serve as the point person for jobseeker recruitment, placement and employer services. He or she is responsible for developing employer relationships and sourcing, screening, and matching jobseekers with open job orders. As a member of the Expansion Center Staff, the Recruiter will work closely with the Expansion Center team in order to promote a business-driven model for job placement. He or she also works with SBS staff, Urban Upbound and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of programs and policies that directly impact fulfillment team work and/or general center operations. This position reports to the Center Director.
- Creating and developing opportunities for job seekers within designated geographic location which focus on: 1) Long Island City; 2) Astoria; 3) Sunnyside; and 4)Woodside
- Implementing job development strategy based on location to ensure identification of opportunities to meet contractual goals.
- Identifying entry level to mid-level wage jobs for qualified candidates including veterans with a strong focus and emphasis on employment opportunities with an hourly wage of $15/hour or greater
- Successfully secure 5 positions per week for fulfilment
- Assisting expansion center team with recruitment events as needed to screen and match candidates to employment opportunities.
- Accurately tracking employer correspondence and job seeker activity in required databases and plan accordingly for performance meetings.
- Planning and scheduling daily prospecting calls/cold calls from job postings (job boards) and database searches, face-to- face meetings, and introduction meetings (walk-ins) with potential employers
- Conducting labor market research and follow industry trends within their specific target territory in order to develop expertise.
- Working collaboratively with the Account Manager Team to ensure job orders coming in are ready to be matched by the jobseeker’s pipeline and to facilitate the account hand off process from sales account management to fulfillment accounts management.
- Ensuring target weekly, monthly and annual goals (sales and placement) are met in accordance to business development planning and contractual goals.
- Initiating business relationships for the Center and execute successful customer account hand-offs to appropriate parties.
- Participating in Business Development Implementation meetings with NYC Business Solutions (SBS), as well as in capacity building activities and trainings developed by NYC Business Solutions
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in business, Human Resources or a related field is required.
- Comfortable with cold calls, networking events, and recruitment
- Able to review and use different methods including labor market research to target employers.
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives
- Excellent presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to evaluate performance and implement alternative actions to improve outcomes
- Able to think creatively and problem solve effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Sick. Health. Vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Bethany Goldszer at Bethany@urbanupbound.org Write “WF1 Account Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.