Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
355 Bridge Street
About the Position
Prospect School’s Director of Development is responsible for all aspects of fundraising across the organization and is charged with making sure the organization has the resources needed to successfully achieve its mission. S/he will also support the development of communications and marketing strategies through in collaboration with our Director of Communications. In this work, s/he will be working to attract new funders, and share the exciting work we do and the impact of the Prospect network of schools. The Director of Development reports to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
Prospect Schools is a network of high-performing kindergarten through 12th grade, college preparatory charter schools in New York and Connecticut. Our mission is to build and grow learning communities where excellent teachers prepare diverse student bodies to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values
Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self-assurance
Prospects '23 Vision
Our Vision is that by 2023, 100% of our students will be on track to be International Baccalaureate Diploma Program-ready by the end of 10th grade, and college-ready upon graduation.
Primary Job Functions
- Oversee development for growing organization, including supervising a Development Assistant
- Develop and implement a multi-pronged, comprehensive annual fundraising strategy relevant for our growing organization
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to implement and continuously grow funding opportunities by working to cultivate new relationships and partners, while nurturing existing ones
- Plan fundraising campaigns as necessary to align with the organization’s fundraising plan and needs
- Develop a plan, manage and participate in the planning and implementation of high-impact events, such as an annual Spring Fling, organization celebrations
- Oversee management of Prospect Schools’s fundraising database, including maintaining accurate prospect pipelines and projections, gifts and donor activity, gift acknowledgements, and regular reports that inform fundraising strategies and decision-making
- Establish and ensure tracking of internal performance metrics that evaluate the effectiveness of PS’s fundraising program
- Develop a comprehensive alumni plan with the goal of broad engagement, including the management of recurring alumni events and communications
- Monitor opportunities, and own all aspects of city, state, and federal grant applications while continuously sourcing additional grant opportunities that align to organizational goals
- Manage PTSO leadership relationships to ensure cross school parent collaboration and organization wide message alignment.
**The critical features of this role are described above, but not all encompassing.
- Competitive Compensation
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying via this link.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.