6060 Wilshire Boulevard
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead.
- Support the Executive Director’s daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents for meetings; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the Executive Director and the Executive team.
- Manage information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the Executive Director is engaged throughout the organization.
- Manage special projects assigned by the Executive Director and Executive Team.
- Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, board meetings, and other external and internal meetings; focus groups at schools, speaking engagements, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss; diplomatic, firm, gentle, and even pushy when necessary
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships in a multi-layered organization with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment and make measured decisions
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions while managing multiple priorities and effectively prioritizing the impact areas of greatest need
- Access to personal transportation strongly preferred
401k, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Any applications that do not have a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please attach writing samples or forms of work you are proud of.