Habitat for Humanity ReStore Wareshouse Sales Associate
- Job posted by Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
Details: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia's (Habitat NOVA) is a proven, stellar leader in ensuring affordable home ownership for low to moderate-income families and individuals living in Northern Virginia. Habitat homeowners secure a no-interest mortgage to purchase their home, while the organization secures corporate sponsorship, in-kind donations, and volunteer labor to make the home affordable. Founded in 1990, Habitat NOVA has built or rehabilitated more than 95 homes and improved the lives of hundreds of people. We build homes in partnership with individuals, corporations, associations, faith-based organizations, and other community groups—totaling almost 200 volunteers per month—on our construction sites.
As a local, self-sustaining affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat NOVA serves the counties of Fairfax and Arlington and the Cities of Falls Church, Fairfax and Alexandria. More information is available at www.habitatnova.org and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
As an integral part of Habitat NOVA’s ReStore team, the ideal candidate will be responsible, conscientious, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. The ReStore Warehouse Sales Associate is primarily responsible for customer sales and donor assistance, merchandising, housekeeping, and administrative functions. This position requires working 40 hours per week and will regularly include scheduled weekend days.
- Customer service, sales assistance, and assistance to donors
- Overseeing volunteers as needed, making their experience meaningful
- Processing cash, credit card and check transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale
- Daily cleaning and organization of ReStore, including processing, pricing, merchandising, and displays
- Answering telephone and providing ReStore information, directions, meeting the caller’s needs
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers
- Screening for product usability when donors call or bring in donations
- Loading and unloading donated materials
- Communicating with Donations Manager regarding incoming donations
- Operating a forklift and scissor lift if needed
- Other Duties as assigned
This not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may change over time. Position requires occasional interaction with Habitat for Humanity NOVA’s department heads and staff. Candidate should demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in groups.
- Knowledge and experience in retail sales (minimum 2 years required)
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; ability to interact with donors, customers, volunteers, and other constituents in-person, by phone and in writing
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change
- Familiarity with and commitment to Habitat's mission, methods, principles, and structure
- Must be 18 years of age or older (to meet our insurance requirements)
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must be able to safely lift and position at least 50 pounds
- Indoors in air-conditioned/heated office, outdoors/indoors on-location for various activities; conditions may include:
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Loud noises
- Other various adverse working conditions associated with warehouse work
- Equipment Use:
- Includes use of POS, Salesforce, Internet based applications, PC, laser printer, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone
- May include use of company vehicles, construction tools, and warehouse equipment
- Work Hours:
- Position requires working 40 hours per week and will include Saturdays and Sundays
- Must have access to a vehicle for work-related off-site meetings and events
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia offers the opportunity to work in collaboration with a dynamic and passionate development team that is committed to ensuring affordable homeownership for everyone living Northern Virginia. We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package including health care benefits, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with an employer contribution, generous paid time off, and much more.
Minimum Education Required