Major Gifts Officer
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
565 Congress Street
The Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer is a new position created to address a vital need – building a network of engaged individuals committed to defending our democracy. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly organized, and will have a proven ability to meet fundraising goals. They will be committed to building strong relationships between the Democracy Partnership,existing donors, and prospective donors. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a motivated team and own the challenge of helping a strong organization achieve long-term sustainability.
About the Democracy Partnership
The Democracy Partnership brings together the strengths of the League of Women Voters of Maine and Maine Citizens for Clean Elections, two non-partisan organizations with over 100 years of experience empowering leaders and making change. Together in 2018 we’ve registered thousands of new voters, led a voter education effort on Ranked Choice Voting, defended Clean Elections, and developed programs to increase civic engagement for youth and marginalized communities. Our mission is a democracy in which everyone participates, everyone is well-informed, and everyone’s voice matters.
The Major Gifts Officer, who reports to the Executive Director, is responsible for the following:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects to hit a goal of $200,000 in annual donations.
- Maintaining a fast-paced schedule with face-to-face visits and phone calls to steward current donors and engage new major donor prospects.
- Coordinating major donor cultivation events, including small house parties and donor receptions.
- Overseeing and facilitating donor engagement efforts for the board of directors and senior leadership, including trip planning and management, and securing and staffing donor meetings for current, lapsed and prospective funders.
- Writing individualized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship letters, proposals and reports.
- Tracking all stewardship strategies and solicitation activity in the organization’s CRM.
- Collaborating with other team members, such as the Communications Director for seamless messaging, and the Operations Manager for financial processing and reporting.
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A track record of building long-term relationships to achieve fundraising success.
- Excellent working knowledge of personal solicitation, fundraising strategies, and cultivation and stewardship for high-end donors.
- Outstanding oral, written, communication and presentation skills - including the ability to listen and target communication to influence and engage diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to 100% follow-up.
- Enthusiasm for operating in a complex, dynamic, and widely networked culture.
Experience working in a political advocacy context, and/or with a membership organization are both pluses, but are not requirements.
Competitive benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, short term disability insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including an example of a donor relationship you have cultivated) by Dec 7th 2018 to Nadya@mainecleanelections.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the Subject line.
Diverse Candidates are Encouraged To Apply. Maine Citizens for Clean Elections (MCCE) is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.