Position: Director of Systems and Internal Communications
Reports to: COO
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on 350 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All-Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities.
A Unique Opportunity
The Director of Systems and Internal Communication (DSIC) will be responsible for planning, organizing, and leading all internal communications processes and systems and lead the overall IT systems integration and strategy in alignment with organizational goals and needs.
• Provide senior leadership and direction for the organizational systems & IT team, translating ASAS’ capability needs into strategic IT roadmaps and delivering IT solutions as well as on-going business systems support
• Create technology standards and engineer integrated IT solutions adhering to established IT technology standards (business, data, application, and infrastructure)
• Collaborate with identified leaders in the organization to document IT capability requirements (strategic and tactical) as part of the annual/on-going planning
• Assess organizational needs and make recommendations for future IT projects, including planning and providing tactical leadership in the execution of any IT projects
• Develop and define overall strategy that aligns technical support with organizational success
• Oversight and security administration of databases, including, but not limited to: Salesforce, Office 365, My Universe, Compass
• Develop communications plans in accordance with organizational goals
• Identify and implement best-in-class lean processes and infrastructure
• Evaluate and assess the value and efficiency of all company-wide systems
• Provide senior leadership and direction for internal communications and delivery
• Work closely with senior leadership to develop communication processes that build engagement and a positive transparent culture within org
• Partner with Chief of Staff and VP of Content Marketing and Communications to provide infrastructure to support the content for a variety of internal communications, including, but not limited to: email, video, newsletters, live and virtual meetings, annual retreats
• Create a seamless regular flow of information that results in team members receiving important information from leadership (changes, goals, values) and leadership understanding needs of team members
• Act as a trusted resource and develop strong relationships with colleagues at all levels. Build consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making with senior-level audiences around internal communication systems compliance and flow
• Serve as a resource for chapter communication activity, including IT and communication crisis management
• Develop and manage the division’s budget
• Monitor performance of direct reports and manage the team to address all IT and systems support needs, coordinating available resources for maximum results
• Perform personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates
for employment; supervise the daily activities of the division including but not limited to, effective delegation of
assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training
Who should apply?
The DSIC will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. The successful candidate should demonstrate digital fluency, have experience with project management, implementation of technology systems, and organizational strategy. Undergraduate degree preferred. The successful candidate will be
flexible and able to adapt to changing position demands, along with an approach of continual learning and
improvement, and demonstrated success in customer service. The DSIC should display a high level of discretion as the position will be responsible for sensitive and confidential information.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, and an employer match for our 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume in PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the mission and vision of After-School All-Stars.
Please put “Systems Director” and your last name in the subject of your email.
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: